PDA

View Full Version : Question N300/T300

Processor
2011-10-14, 08:13 PM
Please what is the right value for n300 and t300 and how does it affect my KPI's....i currently have my n300 set at 7 and i feel it might be too much.

Please help with clear explanations.

m121
2011-10-15, 04:52 PM
Hi,
No N300 7 is normal value and I would not advice you to decrease it because if you do decrease it you will not see it's impacts in your stats (maybe only Paging SSR).
If you fill that your coverage is very good and balanced you can play with other PRACH parameters, like step size and initial power but be careful because if you decrease them too much you could create a situation when some customers can't make/receave calls and data sessions and you will not see it coming because all these PRACH parameters are related to UE accessing the network with power as minimal as possible so you can create situation when UE is accessing it with too little power and BS doesn't hear it so call will fail.

Processor
2011-10-16, 12:26 AM
I thot reducing N300 from 7 to 5 would help ur KPI's in cases where u have Hihg RRC connection failures?

It seems more to me like what max_retrans does for cases of High_SD cong...I'm i right?

Also what time is okay or best for T300?