PDA

View Full Version : mobile full bar and the transmitter reserved message out of servise

kshrif
2011-10-13, 03:50 PM
gents,although i have full bar and mobile in dual mode the transmitter reserved message that i am out of servise

telwind
2011-10-13, 03:57 PM
that case could happen when the subs is not authenticated but also not canceled from the system. i faced this with dual phone UMTS/GSM.

kshrif
2011-10-13, 07:45 PM
thanks a lot
but the problem happen with many customer in different area
it could be due location update.could not?

telwind
2011-10-13, 08:27 PM
thanks a lot
but the problem happen with many customer in different area
it could be due location update.could not?

say related to location update but the root cause from MSC configuration. you can trace the message to find if any repeating requests but not rejected then lead MS stay on but not authenticated.

louvre
2011-10-15, 06:08 AM
it can be very much be a problem in the msc where the CGI defination for the site hasn't been correctly defined.

Also please check that distance max parameter in the Radio parameter is set correctly as it can also cause situation like this full signal but not able to make call.(btw if your wondering abt it -- it is also called as RACH rejection)

telwind
2011-10-15, 08:32 AM
some system, 2G and 3G have different LAI. Authentication parameter for changing of LAI should be set to 1. this authentication occurs when location update with changing the LAI.

m121
2011-10-15, 05:12 PM
This is the problem, as far as I know, all operators are having (many just doesn't realize it jet :D ).
It's very complex problem where solution could be simple as hell or complex like 3G.
Best way to investigate it is to make long testing runs with TEMS or any similar equipment. There is what you do:
1) Put receiving UE in good radio conditions and make continues calls for 2-3 straight days (should be at least 5000 calls). After that check if Call forwarding has worked, if yes, then check TEMSlogs and see what was the reason.
If there were no call forward you can be sure that your network in NORMAL conditions is working fine.
2) Now you make the same tests but put UE right on UMTS Cell edge, While receiving calls make PS connections etc. Try reproduce the situation when most of the customers are getting Out of coverage.
This problem is "pain in the ass" like and not all cases can be solved but if your network have many complains, most of the can be or at least eased.