PDA

View Full Version : How to fix gprs territory upgrade rejections in Nokia 2G?

wackymyke
2011-10-13, 08:16 AM
I have a 2G site with one cell having high GPRS territory upgrade rejections, what should i do to resolve it? It's a 4-trx cell with all TRXs with HR channels and functioning 100% of the time now. A company is using GPRS services for their logistics business. Thanks a lot

dodotiro
2011-10-13, 09:57 AM
I have a 2G site with one cell having high GPRS territory upgrade rejections, what should i do to resolve it? It's a 4-trx cell with all TRXs with HR channels and functioning 100% of the time now. A company is using GPRS services for their logistics business. Thanks a lot

have you check the CDED, CDEF, and CMAX?
from ND 226 how big Multislot blocking ?

wackymyke
2011-10-13, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yes I checked it and increased the values. CDED is now 54% (15 out of 28 Chs reserved), CDEF 57% and CMAX 100%. The DL or UL multislot blocking (KPIs TBF_15A and TBF_16B) is at 0%. Rejections by the way due to CSW and not PSW.

louvre
2011-10-15, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yes I checked it and increased the values. CDED is now 54% (15 out of 28 Chs reserved), CDEF 57% and CMAX 100%. The DL or UL multislot blocking (KPIs TBF_15A and TBF_16B) is at 0%. Rejections by the way due to CSW and not PSW.

you need to figure out few things and it can be solved.
1. find the customer how many smartphone they are using in the location or get an estimate about it.. along with that get an idea what type of data session they are doing, if it background session and not mostly high volume data transfer like huge download upload then you can solve the problem of upgrade rejection. As both the blocking KPI are 0, we know we dont have blocking at all and we have enough capacity, so what we do in this case is take and make the cded = cdef = cmax =54%, this should cause your territory upgrade rejection due to csw fall down immediately.

i am suggesting to do this because present generation smartphone have a very bad habit of asking more ts than it requires, this extra resource allocation comes up as failure!!!!.

if u can give me details of bsc sw level, i can suggest u some feature that you can use to get rid of it.