PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone 4S from a tech perspective

wolverine
2011-10-12, 03:18 AM
So a lot of people were disappointed that Apple didn't unveil the iPhone5 but looking at the iPhone 4S there is something to be excited about..

First and foremost Apple are now using Qualcomm as their chipset provider (used to be Infineon). This means that at some point you will see the diagnostic port being available either through special carrier builds or by someone jailbreaking it. This means you could be using it with TEMS, Nemo etc soon. I have already seen it being used with QxDM.

As you probably already know from an HSPA perspective it will support 14.4Mbps DL and 5.7Mbps UL. Nothing too exciting here.

Another important fact is that it will support Rx diversity. In theory this could improve performance quite a bit.

Finally it will also support CPC (continuous packet connectivity) if enabled in the carrier build. So be prepared to test CPC as obviously Apple will be keen to improve their battery life with it.

freakturd06
2011-12-17, 11:33 PM
Nice info. Any free RF Engineering tool for Iphone 4s aside from field test (like G-Mon for Android) out there?

Motorola
2011-12-17, 11:44 PM
Apple is supported in TEMS Investigation, i think from version 12, therfore it is already used.

freakturd06
2011-12-18, 12:46 AM
Good to hear that.Is there any configuration that needs to be done (like tethering maybe in HTC ) for this to make it work with TEMS 12 or will it be automatically detected by the tool?

Motorola
2011-12-18, 12:54 AM
Since it is qualcomm chipset, i think it can be configured with only special command, but for that need to contact APPLE i assume.

auto_art
2011-12-18, 04:16 PM
So a lot of people were disappointed that Apple didn't unveil the iPhone5 but looking at the iPhone 4S there is something to be excited about..

First and foremost Apple are now using Qualcomm as their chipset provider (used to be Infineon). This means that at some point you will see the diagnostic port being available either through special carrier builds or by someone jailbreaking it. This means you could be using it with TEMS, Nemo etc soon. I have already seen it being used with QxDM.

As you probably already know from an HSPA perspective it will support 14.4Mbps DL and 5.7Mbps UL. Nothing too exciting here.

Another important fact is that it will support Rx diversity. In theory this could improve performance quite a bit.

Finally it will also support CPC (continuous packet connectivity) if enabled in the carrier build. So be prepared to test CPC as obviously Apple will be keen to improve their battery life with it.

other thing which i like most with 4s is the universal operatins of CDMA, GSM & WCDMA..:)

banisha
2012-03-07, 05:12 PM
Use the following code to enter iPhone Field Test menu

*3001#12345#*

PS Please give rep if you find this info useful, i need it :)