PDA

View Full Version : Halting a Site

thewatcher
2011-10-11, 02:33 AM
Hello,

We have a few DualBand (900/1800) 2G BTS Site, with 2 cabinets, one per carrier (E*******).
These Site are in remote areas and have very little traffic on them.
Usually only one sector has some traffic, although very low and the other sectors are without traffic.

We would like to halt (switch off) the sectors of the secondary carrier (1800 MHz) to reduce the power consumption of these sites.

The question is, if we halt the cells of the secondary carrier will we significantly reduce power consumption of the entire site.

Can this achieve a 50% power reduction for the site? (assuming there is no Air Conditioning)

Thanks in advance

maverrickforever
2011-10-11, 03:53 PM
hi watcher,

I think it would be a good idea to actually switch off the other band sectors to reduce the power consumption but 50% reduction is not possible, may be about 30 %.

thewatcher
2011-10-11, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the answer.

If I have two cabinet and no Air Conditioning does that mean that each cabinet is responsible for about half of the site power consumption?

Also, do I need to halt all of the sectors of the second band or can I only halt 2 of the 3 sectors.
I read somewhere that only when halting all of the sectors in the cabinet, that the power consumption of the cabinet decrease substantially.

Thanks