PDA

View Full Version : Original Stadium 3G Solution

andoniwireless
2011-10-07, 01:13 PM
Hi all, i need to have with coverage a stadium because in this place will be a concert.. Someone has some idea how i can offer a good capacity in this type of places

Configurations, Types of antenas, etc.

Tks

yhussain110
2011-10-07, 01:37 PM
Hi all, i need to have with coverage a stadium because in this place will be a concert.. Someone has some idea how i can offer a good capacity in this type of places

Configurations, Types of antenas, etc.

Tks

You should use "Stadium Antennas" , which has a square foot print 50x50 Beam width. Antennas to be mounted on ceiling & directed towards the stadium seatings. Number of stadium antennas should be installed in such a way, that it covers every seatings, without any overlap between the signals to prevent soft Hand offs. Soft hand over usually eats up the capacity .

Also number of carriers should be deployed to handle stadium capacity .

I had designed one stadium which had a holding capacity of 40,000 spectators. I had 40 carriers deployed & 8 Node B Huawei equipment.

I hope you have got some idea. please rep if you like it Thanks.

rffreeconsult
2011-10-07, 02:44 PM
Stadium design will depend on spectrum for additional carrier(s) deployment but the site should be consisted of 6 sectors. And based on the given subscribers number,there will be a need of at least between 6 to 8 micro-sites. If you can deploy DAS, you still need 6 sectors but running the fiber to low-powered antennas instead...Ideally, the DAS is the most appropriate for this event-type of deployment.:D

andoniwireless
2011-10-08, 01:55 PM
You should use "Stadium Antennas" , which has a square foot print 50x50 Beam width. Antennas to be mounted on ceiling & directed towards the stadium seatings. Number of stadium antennas should be installed in such a way, that it covers every seatings, without any overlap between the signals to prevent soft Hand offs. Soft hand over usually eats up the capacity .

Also number of carriers should be deployed to handle stadium capacity .

I had designed one stadium which had a holding capacity of 40,000 spectators. I had 40 carriers deployed & 8 Node B Huawei equipment.

I hope you have got some idea. please rep if you like it Thanks.

Hi yhussain tks for you answer.. but can you share the model of this type of antenas that you are using.. Tks

andoniwireless
2011-10-08, 01:57 PM
Stadium design will depend on spectrum for additional carrier(s) deployment but the site should be consisted of 6 sectors. And based on the given subscribers number,there will be a need of at least between 6 to 8 micro-sites. If you can deploy DAS, you still need 6 sectors but running the fiber to low-powered antennas instead...Ideally, the DAS is the most appropriate for this event-type of deployment.:D

Tks rffreeconsult.. only can you talk about DAS..?

TKS Alot

rffreeconsult
2011-10-10, 11:23 AM
Stadium design is the most difficult due to its particularity. Main point is capacity therefore, DAS systems are more appropriate with its use of low=powered antennas. But the antennas must be placed correctly in order to avoid excessive overlapping that eats up capacity.

Indoor stadium is a little bit easier while open-air stadium is more problematic because the absence of roof denies the necessary containment of coverage.

It will be difficult to state the best placement without detailed knowledge of the stadium layout. But in general, the antennas should be better placed outward directionally (directional antenna of 33-45 deg) around the main performance or playground area. How many antennas are needed depends on the extent of the desired coverage & number of users. Please note that big stadium usually have seats placed on a downward slope toward the main performance area. The antennas' coverage if placed correctly can be contained by the slope in order to avoid any unnecessary leakage. DAS systems consist of an optical amplifier and a set of antennas connected to this amplifier by OPTICAL cables and optical-electrical converters/connectors...The antennas would radiate at the lower power-wattage than conventional design. The DAS system is technology-independent. And all GSM, UMTS, CDMA2000 even LTE can share the DAS systems with the appropriate combiner/connector to the optical fiber and gives that the end-use antennas are correctly polarized (dual or quad-pol).

This small paragraph is more design philosophy for stadium (capacity design) rather than cookbook of DAS systems. Hope that it would help :p