PDA

View Full Version : IRAT Non Coverage Triggered -Event 3C

kentck86
2011-10-06, 04:11 PM
Hi,

Anyone can tell me more about hows IRAT triggered by event3c please?

Vendor: huawei

thank you

white_Noise
2011-10-06, 05:50 PM
Hi,

thank you
when the Ec/No and (OR RSCP) thresholds for iRAT are satisfied, event 3C will be trigerred, the UE will enter the compressed mode to start the measurements of other technology, it will measure the RSSI of the neighbors defined in the database...good enough?

kentck86
2011-10-06, 05:56 PM
when the Ec/No and (OR RSCP) thresholds for iRAT are satisfied, event 3C will be trigerred, the UE will enter the compressed mode to start the measurements of other technology, it will measure the RSSI of the neighbors defined in the database...good enough?

Thank you for your reply, as in this case is a non-coverage based IRAT triggering as where both EcNo and RSCP does not satisfy the event2d threshold. Looking forward for further input from all.

agenov
2011-10-06, 05:59 PM
Hi,

thank you

Doesn't matter the vendor this is 3gpp (25.331) and is use when you have event-triggering mode during compressed mode. In other words when UE enters compressed mode and start measuring target GSM cells it takes into consideration only their GSM RxLevel and if it is above particular threhold will report event 3C following by RNC command for IRAT to that cell.

For Huawei:
Event 3C is triggered on the basis of the following formula:
MOtherRAT + CIOOtherRAT ≥ TOtherRAT + H3c/2
Where,
l MOtherRAT is the measurement value of the cell (in another RAT) in the reporting range.
l CIOOtherRAT is the cell individual offset value of the cell (in another RAT) in the reporting range, which is equal to the sum of CIO and CIOOffset.
l TOtherRAT is the absolute inter-RAT handover threshold. Based on different service types (CS , PS domain R99 service, or PS domain HSPA service), this threshold can be configured through the following parameters:
− TargetRatCsThd
− InterRATNCovHOPSThd
l H3c is 3C hysteresis, the hysteresis value of event 3C.
l For the PS and CS combined services, the threshold(s) for CS services is (are) used

More info in the spec.

BR

dadiono
2011-10-06, 06:24 PM
Hi,

thank you

Try this documents,
55796577 WCDMA Interat Hand Over | Scribd (http://www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/67563001)

Regards,
dadiono