PDA

View Full Version : Question Does LTE has same oppertunities for GSM and CDMA experience holders?

jamesbond
2011-10-05, 01:01 AM
Hi Guys
I want to ask you one question.
Does LTE has same oppertunities for GSM and CDMA experience holders?

How would you rate the two professionals if to induct for an LTE openning if both have 3G experience i.e UMTS and EVDO Rev A/B respectivelyl?

Plz provide your understandings and examples :)

Thank you

amit3111
2011-10-05, 04:17 AM
LTE is a much simpler system than WCDMA/CDMA. Lots of things in LTE are going automatic. Engineers from any background GSM/CDMA can adapt fast. So no worries...

Amit

T_ADD
2011-10-05, 06:32 AM
LTE is a much simpler system than WCDMA/CDMA. Lots of things in LTE are going automatic. Engineers from any background GSM/CDMA can adapt fast. So no worries...

Amit

Oh really? I don't quite think so. :) Just have a look at the LTE reselection procedure its quite detailed. Just because some articles explain it really well it may sound simple and the fact that there are powerful algorithms at work to make some things easier means that deep down its quite complex. :)

But I would agree though that we can catch up quite fast. All you need is to already have mastered any 1 technology and then the other like you said can be easily adapted.

The key is to find the "right" material and not just another document or ebook on the subject matter. Its much pleasing that way.

All technologies infact starting from AMPS, IS-136 are all quite complex. You understand anyone then LTE won't be that hard to absorb. :)

labviewlover
2011-10-05, 08:22 AM
LTE is completely different, in terms of both PHY layer and/or network management circuitry (unit).

the initial objective by 3GPP, was to design a physically(casing, room taken up, smaller, and inter-networking devices) simpler than 2g or 3g, the eNB is such an example....put all the mess of GSM and UMTS in my 1 place (cabinet) but that cabinet is quite complicated and capable of doing thousands of operations at a time.

in short, LTE is the natural extension of (hardware+software) maturity.

but in terms of resource management startegies, it's far more complicated than any wireless-standard (of course wimax 802.16e) is just a copy paste of LTE.

to exemplify above, think of an LTE network as an IC (integrated circuit chip) on printed board, while before the IC came out.....thousands of transistors+capacitors+coils.....etc...had to be used to do the function of a single small IC of this time.

it's about speed+ unit+PHY layer integrations that led to (self organized networks)

regards

jamesbond
2011-10-05, 03:06 PM

Amit

So what to suggest if one wants to move to LTE while working in GSM/CDMA.
A good MATERIAL indicates the knowledge that one should have but what about expertiese?
How to move to LTE and to convince the employer with your current standing as non-LTE platform :confused:

Thanks for your valueable comments

T_ADD
2011-10-05, 04:16 PM
Well that's the thing, you can be "LTE ready" meaning read and studied all that there is but till one actually works and experiences all that there is, you simply can't convince an employer that you do "know".

I guess GSM experience should count to some extent but not sure of cdma.

I would suggest that one should still try and study LTE and get the knowledge. Surely it will help someday. :)