PDA

View Full Version : Location Area Update

copier
2011-09-23, 03:29 PM
Dear All,

Does Location Area Update happen in dedicated mode?
If there is a low coverage LA update can happen

I have few drive reports which show Location area update in dedicated mode and mostly is is due to low coverage.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Copier

agenov
2011-09-23, 03:34 PM
Dear All,

I have few drive reports which show Location area update in dedicated mode and mostly is is due to low coverage.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Copier

LA update is explicity for Idle Mode. If you can share some of these logs probably we can help you more.

BR

wsoong
2011-09-23, 03:59 PM
Ya agree with copier, location update should happen in idle mode only. Even if you are in dedicated mode, your location area will be updated once the call ended, if there is any location area across during the dedicated mode.

usama0795
2011-09-23, 07:40 PM
interseting case kindly share the log files....

auto_art
2011-09-23, 08:22 PM
Dear All,

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Copier

i dont think that it could hapeen.! can u share log file?

Ericsson_RND
2011-09-23, 08:40 PM
Dear All,

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Copier
Dear Copier;

Location update is happen in the ideal state, in dedicated mode hand over occcure.

If you pass through LAC border and the MS in dedicated mode, the location update is done after close the call.

Regards

itking
2011-09-23, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the information guys...............I just come to know about

Darko
2011-09-23, 09:18 PM
You are using Actix, right ?

boring
2011-09-23, 09:54 PM
A UE initiates LA update only while it is in idle mode (in RRC connected mode CELL_DCH, CELL_FACH, CELL/URA_PCH, UTRAN keeps track of UE mobility, so if there is an incoming paging, this will be delivered to the UE depending on the RRC state e.g. PAGE TYPE 1, PAGE TYPE 2, cell-level or URA-level paging)

Of course, whenever the UE has to do the LA update, it needs to establish an RRC connection (hence it will enter RRC connected mode e.g. CELL_DCH)

So, i wonder if you confuse this step when you are reading the actual trace from Actix