PDA

View Full Version : Practical help - Q & A request on Actix

cdmahn
2008-12-26, 06:16 PM
Hi, I think that it is very good for us if we have a new thread to post and answer questions of using Actix. So, please post our questions of the following form:

Question title
Problem:
Example:

Admin, please help me to summary all the questions in the first page of this thread. Thank you!

cdmahn
2008-12-26, 06:16 PM
This is the question of myself:

1. MOS analyzing on Actix Analyzer
Problem:
I try to calculate the MOS score of Nemo Outdoor DT in Actix Analyzer. If we use Nemo Analyzer, the MOS score can be based on both samples and calls. However, I just have the sample-based MOS score when using Actix. Could someone please help me to have the call-based MOS score and determine the corresponding number of calls. Thank you.

Example:
With Nemo Analyzer, we could have the report with following parameters:
Average MOS per sample: 3.4
Number of samples: 4567
Average MOS per call: 3.4 (or 3.3, this nearly equals to sample-based one)
Number of calls: 1234

With Actix Analyzer, we can have the average MOS score from the statistics as follow:
Mean: 3.38765
Mode: 3.4567
Median: ...
Clearly, this implies that the MOS statistical data are based on samples (or appearances).

cdmahn
2008-12-29, 05:57 PM
I have another question:

2. Call details statistics in Actix and Nemo
Problem: I use Actix to summary call details from Nemo Outdoor log files. However, there are some differences between certain parameters when we use the different calculation methods. I guess that the differences caused by the different definition of these parameters. Could you please help me to give the specification and comparison between the following paramenters from Actix Analyzer and Nemo Outdoor? Thank you

a. Outgoing Call Setup Fail
b. Handover Success

Example:
For the same superstream log-file (called S-log) from Nemo Outdoor:

- Outgoing Call Setup Fail (in S-log --> GSM --> Event Data --> EventOutgoingCallSetupFail --> Display on Table --> Histogram): 98
- Nemo Outgoing Call Setup Fail (in S-log --> Vendor Specific --> Nemo --> GSM Events --> NemoEvent_OutgoingCallSetupFailed-CAF --> Display on Table --> Histogram): 44

- Handover Success (in S-log --> GSM --> Event Data --> EventHandoverOK --> Display on Table --> Histogram): 1039
- Nemo Handover Success (in S-log --> GSM --> Event Data --> NemoEvent_HandoverSuccess_HOS --> Display on Table --> Histogram): 1364
(For this parameter, I've just validated as follows (in Actix) Handover Success = 1039, Handover_Intra_HO_OK = 333, Dragged HO Fail = 6, DragHO_Call Drop = 1 --> HO OK should be: 1039 + 333 - 6 - 1 = 1365. Is this validation is ok?)

天堂枫叶
2008-12-30, 02:28 PM
GPRS analysis
for some streams we have EGPRS DL Quick Analysis
we have the report DL Coding Schemes and Throughput per TS
usually i get the report but no data in the report.
for UL i can get the data from following steps:
GSM---GPRS Data---GPRS RMAC----Coding Scheme---RMAC_DL_MCS_Actual
but for DL i can not get the MCS
anyone have some suggestion?

cdmahn
2009-02-10, 07:44 PM
4. How to plot RxLev and RxQual in the same figure?
Problem: I don't know how to plot RxLev and RxQual (or other parameters) in the same figure, unless we have export the individual parameters to Excel files and plot them later. Please help me do that in Actix Analyzer.

Thank you!

berry001
2009-02-11, 03:10 AM
4. How to plot RxLev and RxQual in the same figure?
Problem: I don't know how to plot RxLev and RxQual (or other parameters) in the same figure, unless we have export the individual parameters to Excel files and plot them later. Please help me do that in Actix Analyzer.

Thank you!

drag them to the same map.

cdmahn
2009-02-11, 05:36 PM
Oh, sorry. I don't mean the same FIGURE. I mean the same CHART.

Thank you

davidbrayan
2009-02-11, 08:01 PM
Problem: i wish to plot different things out of some agilent scanner logfiles but cant get the actual things i wish for,i have to use different tools to do one single thing.
it would be alot easier for me if i can plot different ARFCN,their RSSI,label them with ARFCN.
scanner scanned the band with 30khz bandwidth,required is 200khz now , so whats the way out.

BR
db

alibushehri
2009-02-12, 01:58 PM
Oh, sorry. I don't mean the same FIGURE. I mean the same CHART.

Thank you

Dear friend,

your quesion is not quite clear. but as you mention excel, i m going to answer in my way:

if you want to see a data in tables it is quite simple to select one and then right click on it and show it in a table or an excel workbook. for the other data , simply drag and drop them into the table , or again right click and choose "show in workbook(active)" and you have everything, you simply can show the data in your favorite type within excel, save the file and use it as custem report.

if you want to see them in actix chart, again simply just drag and drop them within a chart, but in this case you must be sure that the module (Scale) must be the same to see them in one chart ( for example for Rxlevel and RxQual you cannot see them in the same chart but under each other to be able to analyse )

if your answer is not above, just give me an example of what you want .

alibushehri
2009-02-12, 02:08 PM
GPRS analysis
for some streams we have EGPRS DL Quick Analysis
we have the report DL Coding Schemes and Throughput per TS
usually i get the report but no data in the report.
for UL i can get the data from following steps:
GSM---GPRS Data---GPRS RMAC----Coding Scheme---RMAC_DL_MCS_Actual
but for DL i can not get the MCS
anyone have some suggestion?

My Friend ,

no data simply means no data , so i think you better be sure about your drive test files, and test procedure in the first place!

alibushehri
2009-02-12, 02:16 PM
Problem: i wish to plot different things out of some agilent scanner logfiles but cant get the actual things i wish for,i have to use different tools to do one single thing.
it would be alot easier for me if i can plot different ARFCN,their RSSI,label them with ARFCN.
scanner scanned the band with 30khz bandwidth,required is 200khz now , so whats the way out.

BR
db

Dear David,

Can you explain more of what you want , or if you have a sample of it , as you mention that you take it with different tools, just share it here , because, up to the point of my understanding ,it seem what you want is not a big deal, and we can have it by just some click. :)

BR/
Ali

cdmahn
2009-04-20, 02:32 PM
5. How to display Serving Cell lines in Actix Analyzer?
Problem: I have to make Serving RxLev analysis. First, I create the filter to find points with RxLev lower than a threshold (-95 dBm). Please let me know how to display the lines to serving cells of these points.

Thank you!

PS. I follows the useful guide http://www.finetopix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2914&d=1234504663, (http://www.finetopix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2914&d=1234504663) but still cannot display these useful information.