PDA

View Full Version : Different btw TRX PREF MARK & PS PREF BCCH TRX,

des118
2011-09-08, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

Help me to understand about different btw TRX PREF MARK & PS PREF BCCH TRX ?

And i want to change "TCH assign priority" on TRX, which parameter i can change???

Thks,

saidou
2011-09-08, 07:35 PM
Hi,

You need to tune your TRX_Pref_Mark on TRX that you want to carry more traffic the priority for the CS is from 8 (high priority) to 0 (low priority).

for PS_Pref_BCCH :

Indicates whether or not the PS requests shall be preferentially served with PDCH(s) of the BCCH TRX

0: No preference. The TRX ranking algorithm handles the BCCH TRX as a non-BCCH TRX.

1: PS requests preferentially served on BCCH TRX. The TRX ranking algorithm ensures that the BCCH TRX has the highest preference to carry PS traffic (provided that the BCCH TRX can carry PS traffic, i.e. TRX_PREF_MARK = 0 on that TRX).

2 : PS requests served on BCCH TRX with lowest priority. The TRX ranking algorithm ensures that the BCCH TRX has the lowest preference to carry PS traffic (provided that the BCCH TRX can carry PS traffic, i.e. TRX_PREF_MARK = 0 on that TRX).

BR
Saidou

ramyabany
2011-10-06, 04:54 AM
Good Answer ... Thank you

tremalnike
2011-10-06, 05:10 AM
Generally the idea is to put more voice traffic to Non-BCCH TRX's to fully use benefits of DL power control in network and data traffic to BCCH TRX, because there isn't DL power control for GPRS/EDGE.

TRX_Pref_Mark 1 for all non-bcch trx's
TRX_Pref_Mark 0 for bcch trx
PS_Pref_BCCH 1