PDA

View Full Version : Need some documents regarding Multioperator IBS Solution

nextgenius
2011-08-14, 04:24 PM
Hi,

Can any one help me providing some multioperator In building documents?
Also need some details about Multioperator Combiner.

Thanks in advance

indoor
2011-08-16, 11:11 PM
Attached is the UK multi-op spec. This is way over the top though and is not very practical. So have a look at it for the general concepts. For most multi-op systems the only difference is that you need to watch the antenna power as ICNIRP public is very easy to go over for large number of carriers. Also you lose some of you input power on the front end combiner. Again the combiner spec in here is way over the top and most people just use hybrid combiner systems as the isolation only needs to be ~20dB between ports.

nextgenius
2011-08-17, 06:27 PM
I have started to design a Multioperator solution for a 35 floors building. The Multicombiner which will be use for combining have loss of <5db . Do you think should i consider any more factor. Its my first time for Multi operator solution

indoor
2011-08-17, 06:53 PM
Have a look at the multi-op combiners from Andrew. They have some with 4 outputs so whilst the loss is ~7dB you get 4 ports so only really lose 2dB power. Very useful if you are trying to cover 35 floors. Depending on where the main kit location is, do the design in 4 sections and run some large cables between the equipment room and the 4 sections.