PDA

View Full Version : Question CDMA book to start with

dacoder
2011-07-10, 12:12 AM
Hi
Please suggest some good books for learning CDMA for begineers.

Thanks

redendo
2011-07-10, 12:39 AM
Check this one, old but still useful

Resistor
2011-07-11, 07:32 PM
Hi,

To your question about a good book to learn CDMA: generally there are two answers: a good book to learn the principles of CDMA as a multi-user access scheme and a good book to learn how to plan and optimise networks using CDMA (the second answer obviously has two sub-topics: cdma2000 and UMTS variations of CDMA). The book recommended by redendo is very good for both -- it has an excellent explanation of the principles of CDMA and of the basics of planning cdma2000 networks (in this case the older variant of CDMA called IS-95B). And if you want a bit newer book and about UMTS, then check out these three attached books:

1) The first one is all about the CDMA as a multi-user access scheme and how it works (204 pages);
2) The second book is about UMTS as a network technology and how to plan and optimise such networks (300 pages)
3) The third book is about a relatively newer aspect of UMTS, called HSDPA (168 pages). Note that now HSDPA has been superseded by HSDPA+, HSDPA2, HSPA, etc.

However, even these three books appear now dated. I would recommend looking on this forum for a newer book titled "WCDMA FOR UMTS – HSPA EVOLUTION AND LTE", 4th edition. (If you cannot find it on this forum you my be able to find it on others; in the worst case, if you do not find it anywhere, drop me a PM and I will help you look for it).

Please give reputation, if you find this post and these books useful. Thanks!:)

Regards,
Plamen

T_ADD
2011-07-12, 07:37 AM
Check this one, old but still useful

This actually is one of the best books to start off with in cdma. you can also check library.nu for an IS-95 book. its better to start off with IS-95 since cdma2000 is just an enhancement of the IS-95 protocol.