PDA

View Full Version : TEMS activation methode

davidbrayan
2008-11-04, 10:03 PM
This is my methode and working.
Didnt found any problems yet.
but asking you people to verify if its right or wrong.

Get gdfs of a real TEMS pocket phone(i used TEMS pocket k790i ,setool,read GDFS)

Get a retail phone with same brand and model.
Backup GDFS of the phone.
Flash the same retail phone with TEMS firmware(MAIN and FS)
Now write GDFS of real TEMS phone into retail phone(its dead now)
write GDFS of this same phone into it(which you backed up)
it wont connect pressing "C", try "2,5" rom mode.
when finished turn it on.
it works for me.
so can anyone tell if its same or different from the phone activated using The_laser's methode??

parto_tegal
2008-11-04, 10:54 PM
Hi Friends
I do confirmed, this method will work well, but the_laser (as the first man who discovered the activation script) always says: "it is will damage the calibration data...."
If it is supposed that the calibration data are to be stored in gdfs area, how come writing back all of them can cause this damage? :mad:
Regards
parto_tegal

davidbrayan
2008-11-05, 12:01 AM
thats what i think,
calibration data is in GDFS, and writing it back calibrates it again to real values, so it works fine.
but when we write K800 flash file to K790 for example,it gives out no network coverage due to this GDFS calibration data issue.
in Nokia we can tune or recalibrate using phoenix i think.
can someone explian exact working of this GDFS and Activation script to make it understandable.

softice32
2008-11-05, 11:42 AM
i think it's still expensive to be shared, i try also to get know what or where the calibration data row in gdfs.... :( but failed... and make my phone dead...

jew2jew
2008-11-05, 02:37 PM
@davidbrayan
ok you can use this methode for test TEMS vs retail phone
-connect TEMS and retail phone to TEMS investigation (MS1,MS2)
-use scan mode scan same frequency and plot on Line chart
-put your phone and TEMS at same location and same direction

like this sample is not same model and not same location&direction

blast
2008-11-07, 12:40 AM
yeah,it's still expensive to be shared , Only Script from the_Laser is the best , no risk.....

davidbrayan
2008-11-07, 01:26 AM
If your phone is dead,
try connecting it in rom mode by pressing 2 and 5 instead of c.
write back your own gdfs you backed up for your phone and it'll start working again.
Dont be afraid.

BR

db

clive
2008-11-07, 11:23 AM
If your phone is dead,
try connecting it in rom mode by pressing 2 and 5 instead of c.
write back your own gdfs you backed up for your phone and it'll start working again.
Dont be afraid.

BR

db

Excellent insights..
Pl confirm if this method will work with all TEMS phones with their equivalent retail models???

davidbrayan
2008-11-07, 04:06 PM
Tested on K790i and K800i till now.
it works.

Excellent insights..
Pl confirm if this method will work with all TEMS phones with their equivalent retail models???

parto_tegal
2008-11-08, 02:41 AM
thats what i think,
calibration data is in GDFS, and writing it back calibrates it again to real values, so it works fine.
but when we write K800 flash file to K790 for example,it gives out no network coverage due to this GDFS calibration data issue.
can someone explian exact working of this GDFS and Activation script to make it understandable.

@David

SE K790i is a 2G with EDGE phone, while K800i is a 2G/UMTS phone. Definitely we can't inter exchange the firmware, since both of them are working and controlling a different platform with different technology.

I think we can do inter exchange a firmware only in a SIMILAR platform, such as K800i with K810i, as both of them having similar technology and similar platform.

In DB2020 phones (K790i/K800i/K810i) playing with GDFS is very risky as we can easilly kill the phone, especially when we write another phone's GDFS to other one. Backing up the whole GDFS is the most safety way to get it revived after writing another phone's GDFS, as we can write back it to our phone and get it work again.

Luckily, the TEMS activation address of K790i is located in outside area of our normal GDFS addresses, so that writing back the GDFS backup will not erasing this TEMS activation address, concequently we have it as TEMS activated phone. I am sure by this way, no one can judge the phone as a CLONE phone as we write back the whole GDFS with all original data (as well as the calibration data).

In other hand, K800i is having a different GDFS structure, in where the TEMS activation script is occupying some of our normal GDFS addresses. Concequently, to write TEMS activated GDFS and writing back the GDFS backup will overwrite the TEMS activation script as well, and we will get it back on a "not activated TEMS" phone.

Now we have a clue: how to reviving the overwritted GDFS (with TEMS GDFS) of our K800i (and then get it DEAD) but having the TEMS activations remaining there? *)

Maybe I am wrong (and mostly it is wrong).... :L

Regards,
parto_tegal

Hint: *) ask the_laser, he knows the best....

davidbrayan
2008-11-08, 02:56 PM
@parto_tegal

Can we compare,edit or view the contents of a gdfs in human readable format using some tool or software???

Same for firmwares,can we convert them to something we can edit and again convert them back before flasing??

BR

db

parto_tegal
2008-11-17, 02:47 PM
@parto_tegal

Can we compare,edit or view the contents of a gdfs in human readable format using some tool or software???

Same for firmwares,can we convert them to something we can edit and again convert them back before flasing??

BR

db

Here available the GDFSEdit.exe program that maybe can do something over your K790i/K800i GDFS. Always do GDFS backup of your original one before attempting to write something into it, otherwise you will kill your phone easily....
Regards
parto_tegal

jew2jew
2008-11-18, 11:35 AM
Tested on K790i and K800i till now.
it works.

Can be connect TEMS investigation8 or not ?

davidbrayan
2008-11-18, 03:16 PM
@jew2jew
everything is fine and ok.
it connects and works as a real tems phone.

BR

parto_tegal
2008-11-19, 12:52 AM
Can be connect TEMS investigation8 or not ?

@jew2jew
We are not discussing of a useless TEMS method here.... :mad:
If you do it correctly, and have a good TEMS license on your K790i/K800i, you will get a real TEMS and of course can connect to TEMS Investigation software. POCK License with GPS License will enable POCKET function with Bluetooth GPS connection function. Just be carefull of its calibration....
Regards,
parto_tegal

nova_debussy
2008-11-19, 11:31 AM

Get gdfs of a real TEMS pocket phone(i used TEMS pocket k790i ,setool,read GDFS)

it works for me.
so can anyone tell if its same or different from the phone activated using The_laser's methode??

WOOOD you pls share your TEMS gdfs :))

thanks alot David

NV

anita_2k
2008-11-19, 05:24 PM
@jew2jew
We are not discussing of a useless TEMS method here.... :mad:
If you do it correctly, and have a good TEMS license on your K790i/K800i, you will get a real TEMS and of course can connect to TEMS Investigation software. POCK License with GPS License will enable POCKET function with Bluetooth GPS connection function. Just be carefull of its calibration....
Regards,
parto_tegal

How to have a good TEMS license on K790i/K800i?

Did you manage to create TEMS Pocket on David's procedures? Or there is no way to create one without the_laser's script?

many thanks,
Anne

m_afrasiabi
2008-11-19, 06:09 PM
Excellent insights..

shahram
2008-11-20, 12:42 AM
Hi Guys
I have an original TEMS K790,can someone tell me how to read the GDFS ?

anita_2k
2008-11-20, 10:56 AM
Excellent insights..

As per davidbrayan... tried it, and am not so lucky!!! somebody else tried it? Pls testify...:confused:

br

jew2jew
2008-11-20, 03:04 PM
Hi Guys
I have an original TEMS K790,can someone tell me how to read the GDFS ?

read hear.
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=1828

shahram
2008-11-25, 04:52 PM
Hi
Which version of SEtool should I use for K790i?

//Shahram

Momay
2008-11-25, 06:27 PM
good methode.let try it

thank a lot.

softice32
2008-12-10, 02:22 PM
Hi
Which version of SEtool should I use for K790i?

//Shahram

for read GDFS u can use Setools Lite... or XS++... simple to use....

fmstereo
2009-01-01, 04:18 AM
u can see the gdfs activtion area block 0000 unit 0585

gsmmangi
2009-01-14, 10:18 AM
Here available the GDFSEdit.exe program that maybe can do something over your K790i/K800i GDFS. Always do GDFS backup of your original one before attempting to write something into it, otherwise you will kill your phone easily....
Regards
parto_tegal

Thanks Guys,

I've after more constructive information on how I can successfully make TEMS phone and TEMS Pocket and so far the information you guys are sharing on the forum is giving me a better picture on what to do or what not to do.

Keeping sharing all,

Cheers:):)

moooh
2009-01-14, 10:05 PM
comment faire marcher TEMS linkplaner 6.6 sans le dongle?

grid666
2009-01-14, 10:29 PM
Thanks Guys,

I've after more constructive information on how I can successfully make TEMS phone and TEMS Pocket and so far the information you guys are sharing on the forum is giving me a better picture on what to do or what not to do.

Keeping sharing all,

Cheers:):)

It is not so easy, so it might be cheaper to buy Tems k800i already enabled by someone who is more skilled then usual guy.

And as many people claim, it is absolutely true that if you wrote GDFS with licence not created for your phone you will get corrupted measurement reading from phone !, it is somwhere from -2 to -5 db

Again, if someone need TEMS phone to show off with it then it is of no concern, but if you are going to do serious job with it, then better leave it off.

anwar
2009-01-15, 12:46 AM
anyone can share step by step to used tems on N70 and all file for support thiss??

f1cy
2009-01-15, 01:18 AM
where's special menu in Pocket License function Bluetooth GPS connection, anyone can provide snapshoot?

grid666
2009-01-15, 01:55 AM
where's special menu in Pocket License function Bluetooth GPS connection, any can snapshoot for pic?

What you mean "where is" ?? it is in same place where all other features are, If it is not visible to you, then simply your licence does not have GPS function.

http://rapidshare.com/files/183238766/k800iGPS.jpg

f1cy
2009-01-15, 03:38 AM
//sorry double post

f1cy
2009-01-15, 03:43 AM
What you mean "where is" ?? it is in same place where all other features are, If it is not visible to you, then simply your licence does not have GPS function.

http://rapidshare.com/files/183238766/k800iGPS.jpg

yup, my TEMS pocket don't have GPS lisence.
i mean, if we have full lisense+GPS, :rolleyes:which menu to activate GPS?:)

grid666
2009-01-15, 04:29 AM

It is very easy, it is in same list as all other screens, you just use joystick to move thru TEMS menus, and when you open GPS menu, if you have connected external GPS module you will see data from satellites.

roamR
2009-01-15, 10:20 AM
@grid,

You explain how to display the GPS menu, what is f1cy asking is to activate the GPS license.
There are 3 section in the activation script (Tems, Pocket and GPS), if you don't have GPS license means the value in the activation script of GPS section is contains 0 or invalid. CMIIW :rolleyes:

It is very easy, it is in same list as all other screens, you just use joystick to move thru TEMS menus, and when you open GPS menu, if you have connected external GPS module you will see data from satellites.

anwar
2009-01-15, 10:38 AM
and how to activate gps license??:)

grid666
2009-01-15, 06:25 PM
@grid,

You explain how to display the GPS menu, what is f1cy asking is to activate the GPS license.
There are 3 section in the activation script (Tems, Pocket and GPS), if you don't have GPS license means the value in the activation script of GPS section is contains 0 or invalid. CMIIW :rolleyes:

Dear friend.

I have explained to f1cy exactly as he asked, if you read carefully his post you will see that he asked "Where is GPS menu" ? i have simply answered that it is there where all other menus are provided his Licence includes GPS feature.
:)

grid666
2009-01-15, 06:26 PM
and how to activate gps license??:)

In order to activate GPS feature, you need to do exactly same as you did to get TEMS licence, means you need to write to phone licence file for your phone which contains also GPS feature.

shahram
2009-01-24, 10:04 PM
question?
which CID phone should I use for K790 TEMS firmware?
how to read the GDFS of K790? from which address ?
Am I supposed to use Setool lite 2?

answers appreciated really

roamR
2009-01-25, 01:31 AM
Yes you're right, it's my mistake didn't follow the thread carefully.
Cheers.

Dear friend.

I have explained to f1cy exactly as he asked, if you read carefully his post you will see that he asked "Where is GPS menu" ? i have simply answered that it is there where all other menus are provided his Licence includes GPS feature.

gsmmangi
2009-01-27, 03:24 PM
Sir David,

I have a K800i with TEMS Pocket 5.2 already installed, what do I need to do you get this phone to connect to TEMS Investigation 8.0.3??

PLease give step by step guide with necessary information that is required for this process to get it to connect.

Thanks

thats what i think,

siborjong
2009-01-27, 03:51 PM
u can see the gdfs activtion area block 0000 unit 0585

how to make it new activation?? can you make it??

famox
2009-01-27, 06:15 PM
@davidbrayan
ok you can use this methode for test TEMS vs retail phone
-connect TEMS and retail phone to TEMS investigation (MS1,MS2)
-use scan mode scan same frequency and plot on Line chart
-put your phone and TEMS at same location and same direction

like this sample is not same model and not same location&direction

great work

anwar
2009-02-10, 05:51 PM
TEMS Investigation GSM 41:)

georgiadiy
2009-03-16, 04:52 PM

Does your version of Tems investigation work without dongle?.. :D
Why did you put it to this thread? :p

siborjong
2009-03-17, 03:45 AM

bro do you have tems investigation 5 with e+m+u+l+a+t+o+r????

georgiadiy
2009-03-17, 03:49 AM
bro do you have tems investigation 5 with e+m+u+l+a+t+o+r????

I have 5.1 without emu :rolleyes:
Do you need? I can share :)

Here is the link
http://www.4shared.com/file/93260652/2a213eb3/TEMS_51.html
PM me to get Password

cuixiaobin
2009-03-18, 10:51 PM
thanks for your material. I want to get one tems w600 mobile.

samershahin
2009-03-30, 12:25 PM

can u please explain more about gps liscence ?? what u mean??

liu_wj
2009-04-02, 01:24 AM
the tool is need to make tems t610/t618

rasar00
2009-04-02, 01:34 AM

it works for me.
what is GDFS and how to get it ?

siborjong
2009-04-02, 02:04 AM
the tool is need to make tems t610/t618

how to used it bro?

i have try to flash my t610 using it but always show error "phones not power up" :(

Lesmana
2009-04-02, 05:48 AM

it works for me.

Please someone explain this line:it wont connect pressing "C", try "2,5" rom mode. of david brayan's post.

After doing all the instruction(By SEToolLite) as per david, my sim is locked now and its seeking something rest file to unlock.Probably the rest file is related to the firmware i used to flash the phone......What is the solution to unlock the phone?

Thanks in advance

davidbrayan
2009-04-02, 06:25 AM
@alammasud

once you write TEMS phones GDFS or some different phone GDFS and the GDFS write operation is successful then it will be almost dead.
you cant connect it pressing "C" as its not functional in that way, and to verify if your phone is still alive and in deep sleep, look at your phone's infra red port while pressing power button.
A red light willl blink through your IR port indicating its alive but in deep sleep, you can only use ROM mode now which is activated by pressing numeric 2 and 5 together while connecting inplace of "C".

Now your phone is locked since you bought it that way.
the phone you bought was operator locked initially and unlocked by some one using patch.you can check it by setool.
you need patch to unlock it again and lock removing patches are firmware specific.
the patch making softwares use the firmware files flashed into your phone to generate patch but since now your phone is flashed with TEMS firmware so you cant generate patch for it.
atleast my patch generating software dont work with TEMS firmware files.
it can remove locks from generic firmwares or normal firmwares we get in phones but not for TEMS.

one way to unlock it is flash it back to generic firmware , generate patch and unlock it,
sell it,
buy another one with NO LOCKS.

BR
db

simri2god
2009-04-02, 03:23 PM
Well i had wrong about patch SIM Lock.
my tips is sell or go to mobil service shop to let the make full CSCA unlock or test point unlock and leave the phone i cid 49 brown (in brown mode you can only flash via XS++, no GDFS access) later if you want you can go back to CID 52 red via EROM Red52 singned by Brown49).

Lesmana
2009-04-02, 09:06 PM
Well i had wrong about patch SIM Lock.
my tips is sell or go to mobil service shop to let the make full CSCA unlock or test point unlock and leave the phone i cid 49 brown (in brown mode you can only flash via XS++, no GDFS access) later if you want you can go back to CID 52 red via EROM Red52 singned by Brown49).

Dear simri,

For the time being Its not possible for me to sell the phone and collect another one. I must do the work with this handset. Please give a solution by writing step by step procedure. So that i can unlock the phone and can activate TEMS on that..............

I dont need to work with GDFS. Because i'm using a TEMS activation script.

From one of my friend i heard that, In SETool support forum(Probably GSM Forum) there is a solution to unlock the phone after flashing TEMS firmware.
Need to buy one credit(13 Euro) from the forum to unlock the phone in such situation. patch file by cruiser tool may be needed to do that.

Anyone please reply the solution...

Thanks

Thanks

liu_wj
2009-04-02, 10:56 PM
how to used it bro?

i have try to flash my t610 using it but always show error "phones not power up" :(

you should use div with setool together

cdmahn
2009-04-03, 12:17 AM
how to used it bro?

Please check to ensure that the battery is full. Another way is to do step by step:

1. Disconnect cable, open the battery cover, remove battery
2. Put battery, close the battery cover, connect cable

simri2god
2009-04-03, 12:38 AM
Dear simri,

For the time being Its not possible for me to sell the phone and collect another one. I must do the work with this handset. Please give a solution by writing step by step procedure. So that i can unlock the phone and can activate TEMS on that..............

I dont need to work with GDFS. Because i'm using a TEMS activation script.

From one of my friend i heard that, In SETool support forum(Probably GSM Forum) there is a solution to unlock the phone after flashing TEMS firmware.
Need to buy one credit(13 Euro) from the forum to unlock the phone in such situation. patch file by cruiser tool may be needed to do that.

Anyone please reply the solution...

Thanks

Thanks

You need to do permanet unlock not patch unlock.
Use D-Ultimate Unlocker

Lesmana
2009-04-03, 02:38 AM
You need to do permanet unlock not patch unlock.
Use D-Ultimate Unlocker

Dear Simri,

Please inform me where to find D-Ultimate Unlocker...Does it require any hardware or its only a software ? Is it free ?

After doing permanent unlock by using D-Ultimate Unlocker, what will happen to the TEMS software which i already activated in my handset. Will that remain there in the handset or not ?

If not, then what procedure should i follow to activate TEMS again in my K790.

Waiting for Reply...

simri2god
2009-04-03, 05:22 AM
D-Ultimate Unlocker
http://www.cruisersuite.com/default.aspx?cms.page=index

Lesmana
2009-04-04, 04:28 AM
Dear All,

After flashing TEMS firmware and script, my K790 handset was locked.
Then i did the test point unlock and permanently unlocked my handset.

But when i insert the sim card, the handset's behaviour is quite abnormal:

1) After turning ON, it shows the TEMS Logo and wall paper. Shows the GSM operator's name belong to the sim card for a short time(1/2 min) and then shows "NO ACCESS TO THE NETWORK" OR "SEARCHING"

2) The Bars which indicate the network coverage on the lupper left corner of the mobile screen continuously moving Up and down. Once it shows full network and then starts decreasing gradually....And finally there shows....."NO ACCESS TO THE NETWORK"

One thing i noticed, When i bought the set it was showing K790i but now its showing K790a after test point unlocking.
I heard that K790a is not supported by GSM900 band.

Anyone please reply what is the problem and what will be the solution now?

SETOOL LOG SHOWS WHEN PRESSED THE IDENTIFY BUTTON AFTER CONNECTING:

ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
erom_readvar: error reading unit 1/851
error while reading security units
SECURITY UNITS CAN'T BE READ !
DAMAGED FIRMWARE/GDFS OR EMPTY PHONE
Can't load ID loader !
Elapsed:5 secs.

liu_wj
2009-04-04, 09:19 PM
who can help me,I can not download ,can someone upload the file of tems k790 script on Rapidshare, 4shared or megaupload and share the link ,thanks very much!
or can send to 007jie2002@163.com

softice32
2009-04-07, 01:39 AM
Hi David,

Your method is work for k790, but not work for k800.... but thank a lot anyway, oh yeah i have, maybe solution if you still wory about calibration issue, you can backup your calibration data with cruiser box and after you do david method you can write back the calibration data back with cruiser box, not try yet, but it's just an idea hehehhe, peace no offence just brainstroming ;p

kadoel
2009-04-17, 11:26 PM
I cant download script, can upload rapidshare ??

kinao
2009-04-18, 07:33 PM
thanks for you help!

f1cy
2009-04-18, 09:51 PM
Dear All,

After flashing TEMS firmware and script, my K790 handset was locked.
Then i did the test point unlock and permanently unlocked my handset.

But when i insert the sim card, the handset's behaviour is quite abnormal:

1) After turning ON, it shows the TEMS Logo and wall paper. Shows the GSM operator's name belong to the sim card for a short time(1/2 min) and then shows "NO ACCESS TO THE NETWORK" OR "SEARCHING"

2) The Bars which indicate the network coverage on the lupper left corner of the mobile screen continuously moving Up and down. Once it shows full network and then starts decreasing gradually....And finally there shows....."NO ACCESS TO THE NETWORK"

One thing i noticed, When i bought the set it was showing K790i but now its showing K790a after test point unlocking.
I heard that K790a is not supported by GSM900 band.

Anyone please reply what is the problem and what will be the solution now?

SETOOL LOG SHOWS WHEN PRESSED THE IDENTIFY BUTTON AFTER CONNECTING:

ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
erom_readvar: error reading unit 1/851
error while reading security units
SECURITY UNITS CAN'T BE READ !
DAMAGED FIRMWARE/GDFS OR EMPTY PHONE
Can't load ID loader !
Elapsed:5 secs.

try to flash back to original firmware

qqhuang
2009-04-20, 12:30 PM
Hi David,

Your method is work for k790, but not work for k800.... but thank a lot anyway, oh yeah i have, maybe solution if you still wory about calibration issue, you can backup your calibration data with cruiser box and after you do david method you can write back the calibration data back with cruiser box, not try yet, but it's just an idea hehehhe, peace no offence just brainstroming ;p

Looking for the method for k800,anybody share it ,thanks.

zphdt
2009-04-28, 06:20 PM
it's seems very hard for me

kanser
2009-04-28, 09:15 PM
it's seems very hard for me

oh my god.who can help me?:(

yangyangoke
2009-05-04, 10:45 AM
oh my god.who can help me?:(

i need to generate the script for k800, please help?

mujibur
2009-05-07, 01:50 AM
i need to generate the script for k800, please help?

Only the_laser can do it. Can contact their reseller!!!

mujibur
2009-05-07, 01:56 AM
try to flash back to original firmware

You need "TEST SIM CARD" in order to flash it back to its original firmware!

jiubuwenni
2009-05-10, 11:39 AM
I want the tems activation (z750,w760,c702), who can offer ,how much is it ? thanks

simri2god
2009-05-10, 06:30 PM
You need "TEST SIM CARD" in order to flash it back to its original firmware!

Worng, to flash back to org firmware flash normal use main+fs+custpack.
TEST Card is only used on SETool full version for Alternative Security Bypass (Patch unlock, CID and Color Crosseflash firmware, IMEI...)

hua1687
2009-05-12, 06:00 PM
谁有Z750的GDFS文件

netscape
2009-05-13, 12:43 PM
thanks you very much, pro.
i will try