PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Ion-M Information

indoor
2011-06-19, 06:17 AM
Course notes for the Andrew Ion-M system. Easier than reading the manual which I can post if people need.

List of contents this time:

Ion-M Installation
ION-M remote unit
fibre connection and installing
ION-M master unit (all parts, mini master)

Ion-M Simple Block Diagram

Ion-M Software
sytem overview
start up screen and system topology
initial settings
alarm status and tree view
Main menu (Supervision, Configuration,
Maintenance)

Ion-M Software 3XX (this is a later version of above)

Ion-M System Overview
RF over Fibre & DAS
Applications
IOn Solutions
Redundancy
Examples
Services
Summary

Ion-M Technology
Basics
Features
Helpful Points
Naming of RU
RU Variants
MU features and Components

Ion-M Introduction
Some pages off the Andrew Website

Ion-M System Maintenance
Target of course - you are able to maintain and repair
an Ion-M optical distribution system.

Anyway hope it's of use to people as I know Andrew don't seem to like helping people with their products without a PO.

ION-M training material.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/cwaYEMnE/ION-M_training_material.html)

indoor
2011-06-19, 10:15 PM
I've password protected the file as per harrypotters request.

Link is now:

ION-M training material.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/1PuNWtzY/ION-M_training_material.html)

Password 1nd00r

adewijaya
2011-06-19, 11:43 PM
this is tranmission solution or else? is it aplicable for BTS Hotel solution?

indoor
2011-06-20, 12:17 AM
The fibre links for the Andrew ion-m are only for the ion-m equipment. The RF is sent over the fibre without decoding or being changed. So BTS hotel or just within a building if it's a stand alone system. The max fibre loss for this type of kit is 10dB as well.

ksillas
2011-06-25, 06:54 PM
Hi indoor,

let me thank you for this useful material, I've been reading it today and I found some points that helped me a lot to understand how these ION M repeaters work.

As I read in your post, you have the complete manual too... ¿could you upload in the same way?

Thanks again!!

indoor
2011-06-26, 03:41 PM
Manual as requested. Enjoy

kmkl97
2011-07-25, 05:17 PM
are there any materials/manuals teaching how to optimize the software settings of the Ion-M? settings like gains and attenutations.

indoor
2011-07-27, 01:22 AM
The latest versions of Ion-M are almost self configuring. Just need to select if you are doing an indoor system or a street type DAS and then tell the software how many carriers for each band. It then tells you what power input to set your inputs at and the rest is controlled by the system.

kmkl97
2011-07-27, 10:56 PM
The latest versions of Ion-M are almost self configuring. Just need to select if you are doing an indoor system or a street type DAS and then tell the software how many carriers for each band. It then tells you what power input to set your inputs at and the rest is controlled by the system.

tks. by any chance, do you have any details of their latest products that support LTE and MIMO?

Ulises
2011-08-19, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info is very helpful.

Does anybody knows what that the "Bus l2C alarm" on the Remote Unit (RU) is?

Papank
2012-02-05, 02:20 PM
Somebody have the information about this Andrew ION-M series price? please I can't found at any web site

hobo52014
2012-02-09, 04:04 PM
this is tranmission solution or else? is it aplicable for BTS Hotel solution?

coop1234
2012-05-11, 02:11 AM
Apologies for the rookie question, but what is the difference between an ION-M 19P remote unit and an ION-M 17P/19P remote unit? Thank you for the help.