PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6680 and Nemo Outdoor

ussrback
2008-11-03, 10:00 PM
Hello,
Please, how can i add Noki 6680 to nemo outdoor?
I see that this mobile is supported, but when i add it says that not connected.

Regards

uel888
2008-11-03, 10:19 PM
It needs NTM firmware for Nokia 6680.

ussrback
2008-11-03, 10:49 PM
thanks for information.
where can i gat NTM software for 6680?

clive
2008-11-04, 11:35 AM
quite challenging to get the 6680 Netmon.
U can search on some forums or PM me.
I am looking for 6230 Netmon for almost 6 months now :(

justdream
2009-06-03, 08:22 PM
Friends, I'm trying to connect legal Nemo outdoor with Nokia 6230i

but there's a problem in the connection as I must give different com ports for trace and modem ports but he drop-down menus just have one Com port and many USB and LAN ports
Also my mobile define din Device manager as a Wireless Communication Device
as shown

so, what I have to do?

Another point: I don't see any Nemo logo on the mobile phone like TEMS logo on Mobile phones for drive test, is that commom or there's a mistake here??????

Help please ASAP

xiaoduirensheng
2009-06-03, 08:40 PM

do you have the firmware.

justdream
2009-06-03, 08:53 PM
my problem in the trace port/ or modem port

I don't know

grid666
2009-06-03, 08:56 PM
Friends, I'm trying to connect legal Nemo outdoor with Nokia 6230i

but there's a problem in the connection as I must give different com ports for trace and modem ports but he drop-down menus just have one Com port and many USB and LAN ports
Also my mobile define din Device manager as a Wireless Communication Device
as shown

so, what I have to do?

Another point: I don't see any Nemo logo on the mobile phone like TEMS logo on Mobile phones for drive test, is that commom or there's a mistake here??????

Help please ASAP

When you connect phone to PC and start NEMO OUTDOOR

do you see similar situation like on Screenshot i have posted here ?

If not, then you do not have 6230i NTM phone !!!

http://go2get.me/nemoOut.jpg

justdream
2009-06-03, 09:01 PM
Dear grid666

tahnks a lot for yuor fast response, no I don't have this screen 'I mean I don't have any information regarding my Nokia phone except this one in attachment'

again: I don't see any Nemo logo on the mobile phone like TEMS logo on Mobile phones for drive test, is that commom or there's a mistake here??????

justdream
2009-06-03, 10:31 PM
how to know the best baud rate for your GPS?

venom
2009-06-03, 10:45 PM
how to know the best baud rate for your GPS?

Default Baud rate 4800 should be set !

justdream
2009-06-03, 10:59 PM
Default Baud rate 4800 should be set !

sorry, why should be 4800 (I know that 4800 is the most common)

venom
2009-06-04, 12:09 AM
sorry, why should be 4800 (I know that 4800 is the most common)

Dear brother,

Most GPS works good with the 4800 Baud rate, (Lowering or changing its recommended baud rate can disconnect your GPS or make it unstable) i wonder if u know wat is baud rate, it is nothing but the bits transfered in a unit time ! just like Chip rate, or bit rate , symbol rate etc, the difference is that baud is used for signalling whereas bits, chips etc are used for digital/data communication !!

Read more about baud rate at wikipidea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baud_Rate

grid666
2009-06-04, 01:06 AM
Dear grid666

tahnks a lot for yuor fast response, no I don't have this screen 'I mean I don't have any information regarding my Nokia phone except this one in attachment'

again: I don't see any Nemo logo on the mobile phone like TEMS logo on Mobile phones for drive test, is that commom or there's a mistake here??????

Your 6230i is not NTM !!, therfore NEMO see it as normal phone and will nto open ports needed for measurments.

Sorry, there is nothing you can do about it.

RF engineer
2009-06-04, 01:19 AM
can you please help me how to configure nemo for performing data test
BR

grid666
2009-06-04, 02:45 AM
can you please help me how to configure nemo for performing data test
BR

How can we help, when you did not tell us what phone you are using with nemo outdoor ?

RF engineer
2009-06-04, 12:44 PM
It is nokia n96

grid666
2009-06-04, 04:31 PM
It is nokia n96

It is NTM nokia N96 ?

RF engineer
2009-06-04, 05:39 PM
Yes it is as you mentioned

grid666
2009-06-04, 06:05 PM
Yes it is as you mentioned

Nemo Outdoor has an integrated FTP client, which can be used to measure data transfer rates between Nemo Outdoor and the FTP server. The server can be any standard FTP server. Current data throughput and transferred data size are reported during transfer and average data throughput is reported at the end of the transfer. The FTP module supports firewall-friendly passive mode transfers. Normally when a data transfer is initialized, the server opens a new connection to the client and then data is transferred through this connection. Some firewalls may be configured to refuse any incoming connection requests, and in that case the data transfer would fail. With passive mode, the client always opens those new connections so the firewall does not block the connection.
The HTTP testing functionality offers the possibility to test how data is transferred through the HTTP protocol. The HTTP protocol is used in web browsing. In the HTTP testing, the user selects one file that will be downloaded through the HTTP protocol and this data transfer is measured.
POP3 and SMTP testing offers the possibility to send e-mail through Nemo Outdoor and to monitor how the message is transferred. POP3 protocol is used for receiving e-mail and SMTP protocol for sending e-mail.
The WAP testing functionality offers the possibility to test how data is transferred through the WAP protocol. The WAP protocol is used, for example, in web browsing. In the WAP testing, the user selects one file that will be downloaded through the WAP protocol and this data transfer is measured.
The Nemo Outdoor Multi (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Anite\Nemo%20Outdoor%205\Outdoor5.chm::/Nemo_Outdoor_Multi.htm) device enables multiple simultaneous data connections. Each data transfer needs to be set up and configured individually.

dzt5037
2009-06-17, 10:28 AM
ThanksThanks