PDA

View Full Version : convert from *.aii or xml project aorcom

krobelux
2008-10-27, 06:04 PM
Dear all, i have a problem when imported *.aii and/or xml project from enterprise 5.0x to 6.0, error message is because my project file is old type of enterprise. have anyone find some problem with me..did aircom create tools to convert *.aii project?or its better if we used xmleditor?
thanks for advise..

riverstreamer
2008-10-29, 01:41 AM
Dear
This problem is because of changing Aircom Oracle communicating Databse with Enterprise.
Tables and fields have been changed, so they can't match from old editions to new ones.
Just I wanted to inform you on reason. I'm searching for a solution too.

If anyone has answer, please guide us.

BR/riverstreamer

venom
2008-11-04, 05:12 AM
I haven't found any problem when importing the 5.2 Created XMLs to 6.0 Enterprise. It works fine.

I have also created successfully the XML files from XML Editor that comes with v6.0. This works fine except with the carriers but it wasn't a problem because carriers can also be imported from a txt file (GSM Imports).

If anyone is facing issues in GSM Imports then i post the sample file, please pm me :)

riverstreamer
2008-11-04, 10:14 PM
If you don't have problem, I can find the reason of my problem.

You export database of Aircom 5-GSM to Aircom 6-GSM
but i used this procedure for exporting database of of Aircom 5-GSM to Aircom 6-Wimax, in the aim of using created network structure and site locations in new project.
Because of this reason and as of Wimax project have different paramteres(settings) than GSM project; so I couldn't export V5-GSM to V6-Wimax.

in this case, we should check if it's possible that use a project settings and datum in another project with completely different technology?

venom
2008-11-05, 12:00 AM
I am quite sure that u can not use the exported GSM project to WIMAX project, i guess you can only use only few physical parameters from GSM network, you can export those parameters in a Site Report and then make an XML from XML editor of v6.0.

There should be always another way to create it, but to my knowledge i guess there is no backward compatibility with different technologies !

shahram
2008-11-13, 09:32 PM
Hi guys
I faced the same problem when exporting from ver5 to 6!!
but the solution is to export/Import using XML menu and do the importing in an order:
first delete any imported project which partially works or gives some errors!

then set the project setting manually(map data directories,coordinate system,...)!

then import the carriers,equipments,model,

now import the main sites/cells database and finally import the filters!
I do this and it was fixed!

krobelux
2008-11-16, 10:25 AM
thanks shahram, i'll try it..hopefully can success..