PDA

View Full Version : [ASK] How to get MOS Value from Nemo Outdoor

kaka.enine
2008-10-23, 01:12 PM
Dear Master,

i have problem here ...

how we can get any MOS value from Nemo Outdoor ???
someone said that we can find this MOS value from Nemo Handy,
i just wanna know whether this MOS value can get from Nemo Outdoor ...
How and what additional equipment used for this measurement ??

please share this information ...
thanks lot before ...

BR,

-kaka-

gprastomo
2008-10-23, 06:38 PM
Bozz Kaka,

MOS in Nemo outdoor, it need additional equipment and license (MOS BOX)...
If you have this, just collect the result from the recorded file or you can extract from nemo extract wizard

kaka.enine
2008-10-23, 07:50 PM
Bozz Kaka,

MOS in Nemo outdoor, it need additional equipment and license (MOS BOX)...
If you have this, just collect the result from the recorded file or you can extract from nemo extract wizard

Boz Gito,
so ... it'll have any additional equipment name MOS BOX, so ...
do you know where i can find this stuff around here??
have any license for this MOS BOX?
any tutorial regarding this subject buddy ???
Thanks,

BR,

-kaka-

torex
2008-10-23, 08:54 PM
license can be generated but box should be purchased

kaka.enine
2008-10-24, 12:50 AM
license can be generated but box should be purchased

absolutely buddy ... :o
where 2 find ?? any used stuff for that??

BR,

-kaka-

GSM_Huawei
2008-10-24, 01:24 PM
this link download mobi quality by MOS

tibetan
2008-10-24, 11:56 PM
can those MOS be plotted?

hassen
2008-10-25, 02:31 AM
this link download mobi quality by MOS
It is not in english or corrupted file please

GSM_Huawei
2008-10-25, 04:52 PM
this link for free download :http://www.4shared.com/file/68327483/9320af8c/guide_install_nemo_outdoor_and_mesuament_MOS.html

I translate this guide from Vietnamese into English

DON'T FORGOT THANKS :L

optima2
2008-10-26, 10:49 AM
GSM_Huiwei: You are really a wonderful nice guy. Are you working for Huiwei?

datmast
2008-11-10, 04:25 PM
This is MOS user manual... I think This is good for MOS testing...
U can change Jumper for CDMA or GSM measurement
But I see that ... Nemo Outdoor for MOS calc has 1 weak-point (I dun know whether the new ver already solves it or not)... That is... MOS reports only show MOS with 1/10 accurate (that means, all MOS r rounded down, for example... 3,6999 or 3,6001 --round-> 3,6)
U also can take the exactly MOS but U have use another tool and maximum only are 100calls/process...
Hope that... New ver already solves it...

DCA
2008-11-10, 06:02 PM
I wrote this utils some time ago to calculate the pesq scores.
If you have the samples, you can get the full score value :D

datmast
2008-11-10, 08:20 PM
I wrote this utils some time ago to calculate the pesq scores.
If you have the samples, you can get the full score value :D
Thanks
But ... Why dont I see any score ... only see "C:\D.." ... I think ... This software is a problem?
Do you have any method to send/play and receive/record wav file mobile-to-mobile? If you have this method, pls sharing... I also already have tool&crack for calculating P862 Score from 2 wave file, but I dont know how to play/record mobile2mobile without Audio box (of course, the method that send/receive wav file directly mobile2mobile without audio box maybe not accuracy (not control delay, ampl,... any very much depend on quality of mobile), but I think this MOS is a good reference for test.

DCA
2008-11-10, 10:06 PM
If you select for example the wav files as supplied by the ITU you can get the results as described earlier. This software does nothing more the the software with crk you already have.
Recording is no problem as well as playing audio samples. The correct interfacing is more crucial. This depends all on the mobiles used

datmast
2008-11-11, 10:59 AM
If you select for example the wav files as supplied by the ITU you can get the results as described earlier. This software does nothing more the the software with crk you already have.
Recording is no problem as well as playing audio samples. The correct interfacing is more crucial. This depends all on the mobiles used
I already have tested some reference files from ITU-T P.862 , from Nemo and from Opticom, but scores arenot displayed... Hic... What s problem?

datmast
2008-11-11, 11:15 AM
Have ever you tried to do this test with any mobile? As you see, if using this test, How abt MOS?
I have intention to connect voice mobile to mobile, then using Audio card (for exam, from PC) play/record ref wav file and send/rec them in PC. After that, using 1 software calculates MOS.
Can you guide me about this? Because I think that Audio box (Nemo or Tems,...) only is perfect Audio card, and this controls Level Tx/Rx, delay,...

roamR
2008-11-11, 02:08 PM
AFAIK, calculation of MOS need UL and DL measurement. So, need a server connected to a PSTN to measure the UL side.

gprastomo
2008-11-11, 03:21 PM
Yes Bos, it ll need additional equipment. I think you could buy from nemo/anite from your country representative. Usually the license is included in the dongle, like in our nemo equipment, it support voice quality, indoor measurements and HSDPA.
I think no need tutorial. MOS just to represent the voice quality it range 0 - 5, the fair value is MOS 3 the higher value mean moore good. Just like SQI in TI E///, it has range -20 - 30.

br

Boz Gito,
so ... it'll have any additional equipment name MOS BOX, so ...
do you know where i can find this stuff around here??
have any license for this MOS BOX?
any tutorial regarding this subject buddy ???
Thanks,

BR,

-kaka-