PDA

View Full Version : E******* Mini-Link TN. Belcarra USBLAN Windows 7 Drivers

Abuelooorl
2011-05-25, 07:21 AM
Hi.

Anyone has these drivers to run Mini-Link TN soft on Windows 7 machines?

Thank you!

Wizeguy
2011-05-29, 05:51 AM
The Belcarra USB LAN driver is included as part of the MINI-LINK Craft Installation from a certain rev of Craft.
So you will not find the driver separately for win7.
The Win7 support is at least included in the Craft 2.10.
I do not know what rev that where the first to support Win7 though, but I am quite sure it was after the bundling with Craft.

Abuelooorl
2011-05-29, 04:34 PM
The Belcarra USB LAN driver is included as part of the MINI-LINK Craft Installation from a certain rev of Craft.
So you will not find the driver separately for win7.
The Win7 support is at least included in the Craft 2.10.
I do not know what rev that where the first to support Win7 though, but I am quite sure it was after the bundling with Craft.

Thank you so much Wizeguy.

The drivers worked fine since upgrading to MLK Craft 2.11.

But I have to disable/re-enable these drivers in the device manager everytime I need to connect.

Any idea?

Wizeguy
2011-06-05, 06:20 AM
Thank you so much Wizeguy.

The drivers worked fine since upgrading to MLK Craft 2.11.

But I have to disable/re-enable these drivers in the device manager everytime I need to connect.

Any idea?

There is one issue known regarding win XP, but I don't think this is what you see if you run Win7.

But it is a typical microsoft issue that you should not have a USB connection to a TN node while upgrading USB-LAN driver (or MINI-LINK Craft now that it is bundled).
If yet you do need to have USB connected, you will probably need to do a manual install of drive or disconnect/reconnect USB cable.

I am however eager to know if there are other problems you see here.

Abuelooorl
2011-06-05, 06:24 PM
There is one issue known regarding win XP, but I don't think this is what you see if you run Win7.

But it is a typical microsoft issue that you should not have a USB connection to a TN node while upgrading USB-LAN driver (or MINI-LINK Craft now that it is bundled).
If yet you do need to have USB connected, you will probably need to do a manual install of drive or disconnect/reconnect USB cable.

I am however eager to know if there are other problems you see here.

Thank you again.

Problem solved reinstalling MLK Craft and (rebooting) upgrading again to v2.11. Always USB-LAN unconnected.
Sometimes Windows 7 have a strange behavior about recognizing external USB devices but now it's running fine.

No other malfunctions at this time :)

Thanks so much!

onderdelinde
2011-06-05, 08:03 PM
Earlier, Wizeguy wrote:

There is one issue known regarding win XP

Wizeguy, can you please clarify your statement?

Additionally, we're having these issues with the USBLAN-connection:

1) When we do an upgrade from CT2.9 to CT2.10 on our Windows XP SP3 terminals, there are problems with the Belcarra USBLAN connection. Locally, we can no longer connect to far end MTN's or upload to the remote SoEM server. Connection with the local MTN is fine. To get rid of the issue, we remove the USBLAN driver (stay connected to the MTN), then remove the CT2.10 upgrade followed by a reg cleanup with CCleaner. Then reinstall CT2.9. CT2.9 reinstalls the USBLAN-driver also and shows no connectivity issues.

2) From the beginning (first we used CT2.2) until now (now we use CT2.9) we are having multiple laptops (HP/LENOVO/ACER) that crash occasionally with BLUE SCREEN when we connect our USB-cable to a Traffic Node. I haven't found a solution yet for this (peak current on the USB-ports? / static electricity?/ earthing issue?)

Any help, much appreciated

ODL

Wizeguy
2011-06-06, 04:38 AM
Earlier, Wizeguy wrote:

Wizeguy, can you please clarify your statement?

Additionally, we're having these issues with the USBLAN-connection:

1) When we do an upgrade from CT2.9 to CT2.10 on our Windows XP SP3 terminals, there are problems with the Belcarra USBLAN connection. Locally, we can no longer connect to far end MTN's or upload to the remote SoEM server. Connection with the local MTN is fine. To get rid of the issue, we remove the USBLAN driver (stay connected to the MTN), then remove the CT2.10 upgrade followed by a reg cleanup with CCleaner. Then reinstall CT2.9. CT2.9 reinstalls the USBLAN-driver also and shows no connectivity issues.

2) From the beginning (first we used CT2.2) until now (now we use CT2.9) we are having multiple laptops (HP/LENOVO/ACER) that crash occasionally with BLUE SCREEN when we connect our USB-cable to a Traffic Node. I haven't found a solution yet for this (peak current on the USB-ports? / static electricity?/ earthing issue?)

Any help, much appreciated

ODL

I can not verify that this is the same issue as the one I had in mind.
But the work around that always work for me with XP is to do a manual uninstall of old ML-Craft followed by a reboot before installing a MINI-LINK Craft again.
This problem will probably be solved in later versions (>=2.15?).

If you need to have USB connected during installation, you will probably need to do a manual search for drivers through device manager in windows.
(Also disconnect/reconnect USB will work if you have local access to PC)
Otherwise I strongly advice to disconnect USB during installation and reconnet when installation are finished.
This part is probably a microsoft feature and can not be solved by future fixes in ML-Craft or USB driver.

Edit:
You state that you are able to connect to near end nodes but not to far end.
1. Are you using a proxy server, try disable.
2. Are you simultaneously using LAN (Ethernet port on PC) and USB-LAN connection, disable one or set metric in interface advanced settings so LAN has lower metric than USB-LAN.
Remember that the USB-LAN is actually performing a NAT for you and you can get competition between the interfaces if you use them both.
The USB-LAN is intended for local access but can off course be used for remote thanks to NAT.

shabeeh
2011-06-11, 06:59 PM
Dear all when i installed 2.9 connectivity speed show 80 MB at my laptop but when I upgrade to 2.10 speed show 8 MB and Minilink craft 2.10 runs slowly the 2.9.please help to resolve the issue

Abuelooorl
2011-06-11, 08:02 PM
Dear all when i installed 2.9 connectivity speed show 80 MB at my laptop but when I upgrade to 2.10 speed show 8 MB and Minilink craft 2.10 runs slowly the 2.9.please help to resolve the issue

What about v2.11? Give it a try:
http://www.finetopix.com/e*******/19129-minilink-craft-2-11-a.html

Wizeguy
2011-06-12, 05:18 PM

I am not sure that I understand where you see the 80 MB contra 8MB.
Is this seen on the USB LAN connection in windows or do you talk about something seen in the Craft itself, like a WAN speed or similar.

What MINI-LINK TN release are you using?
The MINI-LINK Craft can not be forward compatible with for instance new HW or features.
MINI-LINK Craft 2.9 will not run correctly towards TN4.4, but craft 2.10 and 2.11 will be backwards compatible with previous release of TN.

shabeeh
2011-06-12, 05:25 PM
Dear I am talking about lan connectivity show in wnodow xp tasbar.
I am using SBL 4.0.
Regards

Abuelooorl
2011-06-13, 02:06 AM

Do you have low speed connection to your MLK-TN?

Maybe that disminution to 8mb/s speed is irrelevant if you don't have connection issues...

Try v2.11 and let us see...

Wizeguy
2011-06-13, 03:20 AM
Dear I am talking about lan connectivity show in wnodow xp tasbar.
I am using SBL 4.0.
Regards

Do you mean the USB-LAN interface speed goes from 80Mbps to 8Mpbs?
This sounds strange, but it should not be the reason for slow response.
The DCN network in MINI-LINK TN often only have less than some 384kbps.

I have often seen problems with the Proxy settings.
Try to disable proxy or at least disable for local addresses in the range of 10.0.0.0-10.0.1.0 (at least a range covering the node connected with USB, 10.0.0.1).
Also there sometimes are problems when USB-LAN is used simultaneously with an active LAN. Set metrics to get prio if needed.

I advice you to try downgrade MINI-LINk Craft to 2.9 again.
This is if you are running XP and are using TN4.0 and think you had better performance on MINI-LINK Craft 2.9. Unless you need support for later TN/CN release or LH.

shabeeh
2011-06-14, 01:40 AM
I down graded to minlink craft 2.9 and issue resolved
thanx all for helping me.
shabeeh