PDA

View Full Version : UMTS Architecture for Deployment and Implementation

mansoor2
2008-10-16, 09:04 PM
To
The Genius Engineers,
Wire Free Alliance,

Respected Readers

My company is new in the telecom field, And our up upcoming project is about UMTS Architecture for Deployment and Implementation in PAKISTAN for the first time, due to some rules set by the Union of Digitronics Communication Pvt. Ltd we don't want to consult with any professional orginization which is still intact with sevral different Telecom Deployers in Pakistan, Now since we have left with very limited time I have to Consult with all of the respected members of WFA that to provide me some scathes and hand made architectures and Implimentational Designes that can be helpful for the groth of Telecom. You can Even send me Ruff designes made by your hands via scan copy, or ether in PDF or any format.
I would be very thankful for your help, and Please mention your full name and Email ID so we can contact you.

georgewahib1
2008-10-16, 09:19 PM
Dear Mr. Mansoor

I though you are working for Huawei .

Anyway I think you have first to decide which equipment will be used and then find a solution.

As the standard is known by everyone , but there are different solutions by various supplier.

BR

mansoor2
2008-10-16, 09:30 PM
I was with Warid Telecom then resign and open my own Company, Now get back to the business, Vendors that have been suggested to me was ******** and Huawei Now what you suggested me about the Atchitecture for the City of 350Km.

georgewahib1
2008-10-16, 09:46 PM
I think Huawei solution is better .Huawei awarded a lot of business this year.

The solution itself will depend on the targets to be served .

Regarding the cities , Is the main target is to serve Mobility or Indoor

Is priority to Voice or HSDPA .

For example if you want to serve a city like HeyderAbad , The main target to concentrate on is HSDPA , To serve the factories there .

This just a suggetion.

BR

mansoor2
2008-10-16, 10:03 PM
Huawei is my own Favorite

mansoor2
2008-10-16, 10:13 PM
Huawei is my own Favorite
The Data speed and is main target and HSDPA would be prefer against Voice. While using Huawei I can get vast options of hardware. Need Architecture for City Karachi (350-417Km Area City) like Hyderabad Daccan, Hong Kong. And Population like Dubai. What would be the Covrage Plane, what would be the Frequency Planning, What would be the BSs and Gateway Plainnings Please Contibute your Ideas Its helpful for everyone.......

hassen
2008-10-16, 10:44 PM
for the first time tries to cover hot spots,busness office,and residential district
ensure handover with gsm network and step by step expand your 3G network
this is the rule my friend.
br hassen

mansoor2
2008-10-16, 11:22 PM
I'm Still collecting each and every drop of Suggestions that will Play a Vital Role in this Job and Treasure for me.......Please share some more details that lights up the darkness of my Mind.........

mansoor2
2008-10-17, 05:43 AM
Finaly Found a Architecture But need Help that Can I use GSM TRAU, and need DATASHEETS for Switches and Routers Used in MSC, VLR, AUC, NodeB, And BTS.

UMTS Architecture

UMTS system uses the same core network as the GPRS and uses entirely new radio interface. The new radio network in UMTS is called UTRAN (UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access Network) and is connected to the core network (CN) of GPRS via Iu interface. The Iu is the UTRAN interface between the Radio network controller RNC and CN. The figure [/URL] shows the UMTS architecture.
Figure 3.1: UMTS Architecture (Source:[url]www.iec.org (http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/%7Esatyajit/seminar/node25.html#figure:seven))
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/%7Esatyajit/seminar/img7.png

The mobile terminal in UMTS is called User Equipment (UE). The UE is connected to Node-B over high speed Uu (up to 2 Mbps) Interface. The Node-B are the equivalent of BTS in GSM and typically serve a cell site. Several Node-Bs are controlled by a single RNCs over the Iub interface. The RNCs are connected to CN through Iu interface. The packet switched data is transmitted through Iu-PS interface and circuit switched data is transferred over Iu-CS interface. One of the new interfaces in UTRAN is Iur interface which connects two RNCs and has no equivalent in GSM system. The Iur interface facilitates handling of 100 percent of RRM (Radio Resource Management) and eliminates the burden from CN.
UMTS also supports GSM mode connections in which case the MS connect to the CN through Um interface to BSS and BSS connects through A (Gb interface in GPRS) interface to CN.

cloudsun
2008-10-17, 12:31 PM
dear sir
what do you mean with "use GSM TRAU "
for router u can choose between huawei,juniper or from cisco
i think the are same