PDA

View Full Version : Actix can't Load more than 200MB of TEMS logfiles

serbesi
2011-04-20, 04:10 PM
hi all,

i've been reading some threads in the forum about the size of TEMS logfiles that people load on Actix. Some say 2gb of files, some say more than 4gb! All i can load on my Actix without crashing it, is 200mb (or 300mb when i'm lucky) of TEMS logfiles. How can this be? I have tried on 2 PC, both with dual core CPUs and 4gb of RAM (3gb used, since both are on Win7 32-bit). During the loading, my Analyzer.exe process goes around 1gb, and then it shows the "out of memory" window. This is very strange, as i keep looking at the task manager during the loading of the files, and i always have at least 800-900mb of free RAM. So what could this be?

thanks for the help

redendo
2011-04-20, 04:59 PM
For a big size of logs actix advise to use spotlight wich can support up 4 Gb as i remember.

shishio
2011-04-20, 06:58 PM
i've been reading some threads in the forum about the size of TEMS logfiles that people load on Actix. Some say 2gb of files, some say more than 4gb! All i can load on my Actix without crashing it, is 200mb (or 300mb when i'm lucky) of TEMS logfiles. How can this be? I have tried on 2 PC, both with dual core CPUs and 4gb of RAM (3gb used, since both are on Win7 32-bit). During the loading, my Analyzer.exe process goes around 1gb, and then it shows the "out of memory" window. This is very strange, as i keep looking at the task manager during the loading of the files, and i always have at least 800-900mb of free RAM. So what could this be?

thanks for the help

hi all,i once had a 'out of memory' problem while running a really large excel sheet on my system, it turned out that it was because excel had used up its predefined memory allocation on my XP operating system and the only way to overcome it was to manually increase the max amount of RAM allocated to excel by XP..i believe this is thee same problem you are facing..even though you still have a lot of RAM left, actix has used up the RAM quota allocated to it by your operating system so you have to find a way to manually increase the allocation..google up how to do this, i hope the info has been helpful.

serbesi
2011-04-20, 09:19 PM
thanks very much shishio, i found a command string that increases the RAM allocated to programs, and up to now i was able to load some 350mb of logfiles all at once, while before i had to load them one by one.

thanks again.

the command is ran from the DOS prompt:

c:\>bcdedit/set IncreaseUserVA 3072

kevin_h811
2011-09-08, 04:23 PM
Hi SERBESI,

I get a prompt like this...'bcdedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Is the command operation correct?

br//

telwind
2011-09-08, 04:54 PM
use actix repository will increase the capacity of needed load logs

serbesi
2011-09-08, 09:00 PM
the "bcdedit" command works on Windows 7, it doesn't work on Windows XP. hope this helps

bawbag11
2011-09-11, 05:46 AM
Actix is a 32 bit program so has a limit of usable memory (I think 2GB) in classic mode where the logfile is held in ram. If you use spotlight then the logfiles are stored in the MS database which will allow larger storage.

You can try the tip already given or use Tems to cut the file down in size first.

Apart from that Actix is sloooooow at loading even the most trivial Tems file which is really annoying :@.

TC

BB

TEMS
2011-09-11, 11:53 AM
hi all,

thanks for the help

please try this one maybe can help you

please to find below the following changes that you should do to increase you system performance.

open run
write regedit
then go to "There is a registry setting that allows limited modification of how this memory is handled: In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems key, look for the
Windows value. There's a long string for this value that will look similar to this: %SystemRoot%system32csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows …"

just change 512 to 2048 and see the difference.