PDA

View Full Version : Synchronization in mobile network

kema2103
2011-04-19, 09:35 PM
Hi,

can somebody tell me whether values of synchronization on MGWs in the same mobile network are ok, where oscilllator in prinicple is 2048 Mhz and measurement under MGW1 shows 2063 and MG2 shows 1965, is this normal behavior (+/-) or this is something critical which can have impact on increasing amount of call drops in the network, master of synchronization system is coming from GPS delivered through SSU units,

or just to explain in principle when really synchronization status is ok or not,

thanks in advance for any comment or hint.

MGW1
CURRENT OPERATION MODE OF ACTIVE SYSTEM CLOCK IS SYNCHRONIZED
CURRENT VALUE OF CONTROL WORD OF SYSTEM CLOCK OSCILLATORS ARE ACTIVE 2063
CURRENT VALUE OF CONTROL WORD OF SYSTEM CLOCK OSCILLATORS ARE SPARE 2028

MGW2
CURRENT OPERATION MODE OF ACTIVE SYSTEM CLOCK IS SYNCHRONIZED
CURRENT VALUE OF CONTROL WORD OF SYSTEM CLOCK OSCILLATORS ARE ACTIVE 1965
CURRENT VALUE OF CONTROL WORD OF SYSTEM CLOCK OSCILLATORS ARE SPARE 2127

jimjim
2011-04-21, 04:23 AM
Hello there,

We usually synchronize a network to ensure that all events and activities carried by the network in synch.

From your figures I guess that there is a problem in the quality of the synch source you are feeding to the second MGW.

I suggest that start diagnostics for this bad value, it couldin the be a hardware problem in the card that handles synchronization.

Regards,

kema2103
2011-04-21, 04:27 AM
Thanks for feedback,

so seems like per your feedback that value on MGW is not so good performing and should be more closest to 2063 Mhz, thanks again for hint.

topoffenders
2011-11-03, 05:21 AM
Hi Jim-Jim/ et all ;

I have interesting case here: I analyse GSM MTR and UETR WCDMA for an IMSI.
what I found from the events recording was: the GSM events is started about 32 seconds earlier than WCDMA events.

there was an IRAT events on WCDMA but on GSM the Events started earlier.

both OSS's having different servers.
I check their clock on each terminal windows they are both showing the same time.

any hints?

thank you much.