PDA

View Full Version : Help displaying GSM C/I in Actix

serbesi
2011-03-30, 03:46 PM
Hello,

i've been trying these days to display the C/I worst ratio from a TEMS logfile, in Actix. From what i read in this forum, the C/I worst ratio should be TEMS_C2I_Sorted_Value_Exp [0]. When i try to plot this value on a map, it displays very few samples, scattered over the map, and doesn't give me a full display, like say, RxLev or RxQual etc. What could the problem be? Is there any setting i can change in Actix? At the preferences section, i checked all boxes containing C/I in the TEMS subsection.

thanks in advance

telwind
2011-03-30, 04:09 PM
Hello,

i've been trying these days to display the C/I worst ratio from a TEMS logfile, in Actix. From what i read in this forum, the C/I worst ratio should be TEMS_C2I_Sorted_Value_Exp [0]. When i try to plot this value on a map, it displays very few samples, scattered over the map, and doesn't give me a full display, like say, RxLev or RxQual etc. What could the problem be? Is there any setting i can change in Actix? At the preferences section, i checked all boxes containing C/I in the TEMS subsection.

thanks in advance

Some things to check:
- the log collected from the MS should be in traffic mode
- the binning setting: set it in message (1 sec)
- the phone may not support to collect C/I. TEMS phone support it but others you should carefully check.

serbesi
2011-03-30, 08:35 PM
thanks for the reply,

all settings are set like you said. the phone supports C/I collection, as i can get these data from TEMS to, say, MapInfo etc, but i wanted to display them on Actix also, as it's easier for me to handle the data in Actix.

Any other idea what the trick might be?

thanks again

Darko
2011-03-30, 11:20 PM
This is interesting. I had cases like this one. What I have found out is that the distance between samples is very high and I haven't found any way to change this in Actix. In TEMS everything looks good BUT if you check more carefully TEMS actually puts some blind values between two real samples so it looks like everything is ok, but actually there were no to many real samples.
I think this is happening for only some equipment.

Has anyone more informations about this ?

telwind
2011-03-31, 12:57 PM
thanks for the reply,

all settings are set like you said. the phone supports C/I collection, as i can get these data from TEMS to, say, MapInfo etc, but i wanted to display them on Actix also, as it's easier for me to handle the data in Actix.

Any other idea what the trick might be?

thanks again

What release are you trying? is it problem with the Release Dec 2010?

serbesi
2011-03-31, 03:42 PM
i'm using release 4.05.205.196. haven't tried this with other versions...

thanks

serbesi
2011-03-31, 03:49 PM
Hello Darko,

i checked what you said, but from a logfile with some 65000 samples, only about 20000 samples of C/I were invalid values (0 and 999), all the rest were normal values in the range 5-35 approximately, so there should be enough values to get a clear idea of C/I.

thanks for the help

This is interesting. I had cases like this one. What I have found out is that the distance between samples is very high and I haven't found any way to change this in Actix. In TEMS everything looks good BUT if you check more carefully TEMS actually puts some blind values between two real samples so it looks like everything is ok, but actually there were no to many real samples.
I think this is happening for only some equipment.

Has anyone more informations about this ?