PDA

View Full Version : How about some IMS

skkeeter
2011-03-20, 06:28 AM
Wiley-System.Design.for.Telecommunication.Gateways.2010 (http://www.4shared.com/document/BttNJWYa/Wiley-SystemDesignforTelecommu.html)

Wiley-IP.Telephony.Deploying.VoIP.Protocols.and.IMS.Infrastructure.2010 (http://www.4shared.com/document/GjxJkXHk/Wiley-IPTelephonyDeployingVoIP.html)

Skkeet

I have done quite a bit of reading but still not sure if this was done correctly... Please let me know.

thuti
2011-03-20, 07:03 PM
Vietnam, now a day, is in process of transformation of its telecom infrastructure from TDM to all-IP platform. Within three to four years since 2004, it managed to convert its entire core network from TDM-based systems to NGN Soft-switch architecture and now phasing a new challenge of converting the access parts as well as the new (multimedia) services offered. Amongst others, IMS is chosen by operators in Vietnam as a promising technology to address this new challenge, however some difficulties arise on the way of deployment of the IMS from different vendors, named E*******, Siemens, Huawei, etc. The main obstacle is the lack of real IMS deployment elsewhere in the world to reference; needless to say IMS has no business model as far as today. Under this circumstance, the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications (FET), Hanoi University of Technology (HUT) in cooperation with Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS), Germany, have set up a joint IMS test-bed at HUT for purpose of performance evaluation as well as business cases proving especially for the Vietnamese Telecommunication Market. The IMS testbed makes use of the IMS OPEN CORE package from FOKUS.
The purpose of the first IMS Workshop is to give an insight look at the IMS technology developed by FOKUS and to discuss potential deployment of FOKUS IMS as a design toolkit for service development in the industrial context in Vietnam.

Prof.Dr. Thanh NH (Lecture - Hanoi University of Science and Technology)

Now, we deployed many services over IMS. For eg, Click to dial (using Sailfin), IMS based IPTV: Linear TV, VoD, Enhanced EPG, Content Access Control. And IMS based Presence), Telephone Center Services (using Asterisk PBX connect to IMS Core).

At the moment, I've got many documents to introduce IMS. If anybody want to research or develop, you can contact with me to download it. I think the document which introduce about IMS, have and share on internet much. You can search from GOOGLE, YAHOO search engine, etc...