PDA

View Full Version : Question how to create various zone files without drawing

kahnoie
2011-03-16, 08:53 PM
I wish to create focus, calculation and filtering zone files based on grid. I have some GIS data (.tab and related .tif) and I wish to create multiple zone files that would correspond to each of these regions covered by the .tab, .tif file.

koepret
2011-03-16, 11:00 PM
I wish to create focus, calculation and filtering zone files based on grid. I have some GIS data (.tab and related .tif) and I wish to create multiple zone files that would correspond to each of these regions covered by the .tab, .tif file.

for filtering zone
1. Create your multiple zone in Mapinfo file ( or Focus Area ) , create look like polygon
2. Import your tab file in Atoll , note = Projection Map info file and atoll projection must be same .
3 you can calculate base in focus area ( Base on your map info file )

i hope little step can give idea for you .

gigel
2011-03-16, 11:41 PM
export *.tab to mif/mid and import it as zones

it may over wright your exsiting zones

koepret
2011-03-17, 10:32 PM

it may over wright your exsiting zones

additional info
for Filtering zone , Focus Zone , Computation zone , Hot spot zone for this part you can directly import *tab/*mif file ,
note = that import file will be replace old zone ( except for Hot spot zone )
= Make sure your Projection in Mapinfo is same with Projection map

hope will be help .. :) Cheer

kahnoie
2011-03-17, 10:52 PM
Dear koepret and gigel,
Firstly, I dont know how to do this:

Do I import *.tab in Mapinfo and then save as .mif or .mid?
It was not possible to do 'save as' anything else apart from .tab for a .tab file.
In MapInfo, I opened one .tab and export is disabled while I can import another file (by default it shows .mif extension)

Regards,
Amit

gigel
2011-03-19, 05:18 AM
Dear koepret and gigel,
Firstly, I dont know how to do this:

Do I import *.tab in Mapinfo and then save as .mif or .mid?
It was not possible to do 'save as' anything else apart from .tab for a .tab file.
In MapInfo, I opened one .tab and export is disabled while I can import another file (by default it shows .mif extension)

Regards,
Amit

go to Table menu (not File) and you have there Export table to mid/mif function

kahnoie
2011-03-22, 06:16 PM
Thanks gigel!! It was easy as a cake :)

kahnoie
2011-03-22, 06:51 PM
I have a problem though. Not all the tab files I have are exportable. Why is it so?

kahnoie
2011-03-22, 10:58 PM
For some files I have a .tab and a corresponding .tif. I want to use these two files and somehow get a .mif. How can I do this?

koepret
2011-03-22, 11:28 PM
I have a problem though. Not all the tab files I have are exportable. Why is it so?

hi .. from my experience , almost tab file can import to Atoll ,
Note = Make sure your Projection in Mapinfo is same with Projection map
already checking that point ...?

.tab and .mif you can import directly to atoll , if that file you want use become zone , please import that file from zone part , that is point ,

For some files I have a .tab and a corresponding .tif. I want to use these two files and somehow get a .mif. How can I do this?

i think you can use map info to do this case , and if already have .mif and .tab
you can import both of file to Atoll Project

hope will be help , Cheer .. :)

kahnoie
2011-03-22, 11:40 PM
Dear koepret,
I explain my problem: I have .tab and a .tif for each .tab file.
I prefer to have a .mif since I can control the transparency which is not possible if I import just the ;tif. And If I import just the .tab (each represnts a square area for me), then the whole block is of single color without highlighting the information as can be seen on the tif image.