PDA

View Full Version : Comparing 3 TAB files

fon909
2011-03-15, 02:42 PM
Hi,

Is anyone aware of the way in which more than 2 tab files can be compared in MAPinfo? Thanks for your help in advance.

maahsan
2011-03-15, 09:55 PM
You can use the queries in mapinfo to compare two tables.

seedweb
2011-03-15, 10:05 PM
Hi,

Is anyone aware of the way in which more than 2 tab files can be compared in MAPinfo? Thanks for your help in advance.

just open two windows!:p

D33T0X
2011-03-15, 10:25 PM
Right click after the first comparison and choose "Clone View" - then tile the windows. After that do your second comparison in th e2nd window :)

punto
2011-03-15, 11:41 PM
If you means to compares 3 same-route-measured attributes to check in parallele, than you select that layer elements , that are overlayed, then right click Edit Objects (you can make them visible 1 by 1 on layer control), than press Offset and in Offset Objects add angle and distance of moved object one from each other, so you can check for exampele - RxLevSub with RxQualSub with TA for your dedicated modes :) hope this is also useful to your analysess. BRs, P:)

maahsan
2011-03-16, 12:30 AM
If you means to compares 3 same-route-measured attributes to check in parallele, than you select that layer elements , that are overlayed, then right click Edit Objects (you can make them visible 1 by 1 on layer control), than press Offset and in Offset Objects add angle and distance of moved object one from each other, so you can check for exampele - RxLevSub with RxQualSub with TA for your dedicated modes :) hope this is also useful to your analysess. BRs, P:)

Great tip. Never thought about that.

Processor
2011-03-16, 06:25 PM

Really i dont get this?...I would like to compare 2 different drives for the same route but on different days.

I tried everything but the offset option in objects seems to be completely grayed out.

My great friend

maahsan
2011-03-16, 07:06 PM
I guess your .tab file is not editable. One way is the package the workspace in a separate folder. Then close all and open you new workspace.

punto
2011-03-17, 08:33 AM
open MapsInfo - layer control , find your .tab and make your .tab - EDITABLE , there is icons to swich of and on possibiliti to EDIT , so than you can do whataver u wanna doe :)

Processor
2011-03-25, 09:44 PM
open MapsInfo - layer control , find your .tab and make your .tab - EDITABLE , there is icons to swich of and on possibiliti to EDIT , so than you can do whataver u wanna doe :)

Still not working....Please help with a step by step guide cos i want to show customer the improvement in recent drive test as compared to old drive test on the same mapinfo view.

many thanks

sharyfor2
2011-04-12, 01:38 AM

i tried your above method. it only moved a sample , i want to move the entire DT path or DT rout followed.

MacroMan
2011-04-12, 02:53 AM
I think is more easy to keep your view and save each window a put in a ppt file. Then when you move from one slide to other will see if have or haven't improved because will change the colors but the route practically will be the same. BR's