PDA

View Full Version : TEMS 11.0.1 doesn't scan BSIC

serbesi
2011-02-23, 10:14 PM
hi there,

i've been using TEMS 11.0.1 for some time now, and very often it logs the file, but without any BSIC information on the scanner. In dedicated mode it reads the BSIC information, but on the scanner, most of the time it doesn't, only on rare occasions i can get it to read the BSIC. What might be the cause? I'm using Windows 7 with TEMS. I've also tried 11.0.4 but same results.

thanks for your time
cheers

sonerss
2011-02-23, 10:32 PM
Hi

Did you check the "decode bsic" checkbox.??

I use it Tems11 and Scanner decodes the BSIC

Regards

hi there,

i've been using TEMS 11.0.1 for some time now, and very often it logs the file, but without any BSIC information on the scanner. In dedicated mode it reads the BSIC information, but on the scanner, most of the time it doesn't, only on rare occasions i can get it to read the BSIC. What might be the cause? I'm using Windows 7 with TEMS. I've also tried 11.0.4 but same results.

thanks for your time
cheers

serbesi
2011-02-23, 11:46 PM
yes, it was already checked :(

sonerss
2011-02-23, 11:49 PM
Which equipment are you using in scanner?

yes, it was already checked :(

serbesi
2011-02-23, 11:54 PM
SonyE******* W995

serbesi
2011-02-24, 06:06 PM
yesterday i tried again, and it scanned the BSIC, today it doesn't. Just for the record, since my laptop has only 3 usb ports, and i need 5 (3 phones, gps, TEMS dongle), i use a USB hub for the GPS and the phones. could it be the problem (would be weird though)?

thanks again

sonerss
2011-02-24, 06:57 PM
I remembered, I faced this problem about 2 years ago.. You have to use has more usb ports Notebook... Maybe you can use it PCMCIA Usb port card.. We often use PCMCIA Usb port card...

and next time you try to connect the MS, orginal usb port in PC

BR

yesterday i tried again, and it scanned the BSIC, today it doesn't. Just for the record, since my laptop has only 3 usb ports, and i need 5 (3 phones, gps, TEMS dongle), i use a USB hub for the GPS and the phones. could it be the problem (would be weird though)?

thanks again

serbesi
2011-03-10, 08:13 PM
thanks for the reply, i tried connecting the scanner directly to the usb port, and even though the first couple of times it read the BSIC, in three other occasions it didn't read it at all. has anyone else had this problem before?

thanks again

serbesi
2011-09-10, 12:25 AM
just an update...

i have been using TEMS 11.0.1, 11.0.4, 11.0.5 in the last months, and the problem seems to be gone. I have installed and uninstalled the software some times in these months, but haven't had the problem anymore. guess it was something wrong with the actual software configuration.

thanks to all for your help, i appreciate it