PDA

View Full Version : HSDPA Post and Prepaid difference?

patek1968
2011-02-07, 05:30 PM
Hi..I want to asked if there's a difference between HSDPA using a Postpaid sim and Prepaid sim? Sometimes, test for Postpaid ok but Prepaid not..I believe they pass thru the same gateway to sgsn but I cant still think of other way that this happen..thanks

kamy
2011-02-07, 05:47 PM
Hi..I want to asked if there's a difference between HSDPA using a Postpaid sim and Prepaid sim? Sometimes, test for Postpaid ok but Prepaid not..I believe they pass thru the same gateway to sgsn but I cant still think of other way that this happen..thanks

it depends on the rating group on SGSN, and the HLR treat in different ways for prepaid and post paid

patek1968
2011-02-07, 05:59 PM
so you are saying that there are priority for postpaid over prepaid?just asking..

m121
2011-02-09, 04:34 AM
By default there are no priorities, but prepaid charging is more complex and for that reason for prepaid more network elements are involved and call flow gets more complex and in some multivendor configurations even perverse :D
BTW your tests with prepaid at what point get terribly wrong? Did you get to GGSN or you stuck in SGSN?

zhanglw268
2011-02-09, 08:26 AM

It depends on the profile settings policy at the HLR for the postpaid and prepaid SIM.
For prepaid SIM, it also involve the billing system so test maybe terminated or denied if the credit is not enough.

patek1968
2011-02-09, 11:55 AM
Both sim got load..In our country, we're testing Prepaid and Postpaid services for the newly integrated sites in one operator here..It just so happened that sometime after i test postpaid service and connect to prepaid services it dont reached the threshold throughput and vice versa..But in other cells of the same nodeb is ok..I understand that users of the same cell affects the throughput right?

zhanglw268
2011-02-09, 09:10 PM
Both sim got load..In our country, we're testing Prepaid and Postpaid services for the newly integrated sites in one operator here..It just so happened that sometime after i test postpaid service and connect to prepaid services it dont reached the threshold throughput and vice versa..But in other cells of the same nodeb is ok..I understand that users of the same cell affects the throughput right?
If you can reach the same throughput with postpaid and prepaid in other cells, you can

1. check TEMS etc. test software to see whether the RAB assignment content from RNC/NodeB/cell related to throughput figure is same or not

2. If they are not same, check the "RANAP RAB assignment request" from the IuPS interface to see whether that SIM's profile contents are same or not, certain vendor SGSN may have software switch to change the SIM's profile before SGSN sends down the RAB assignment request to RNC, for example, you UE moved to GSM and Move back to UMTS etc.

If you check the above and there is no problem with SIM profile, it will be NodeB cell's problem.

Zhanglw268

patek1968
2011-02-11, 10:54 AM
If you can reach the same throughput with postpaid and prepaid in other cells, you can

1. check TEMS etc. test software to see whether the RAB assignment content from RNC/NodeB/cell related to throughput figure is same or not

2. If they are not same, check the "RANAP RAB assignment request" from the IuPS interface to see whether that SIM's profile contents are same or not, certain vendor SGSN may have software switch to change the SIM's profile before SGSN sends down the RAB assignment request to RNC, for example, you UE moved to GSM and Move back to UMTS etc.

If you check the above and there is no problem with SIM profile, it will be NodeB cell's problem.

Zhanglw268

I'll try what you've said..but we're using Genex Probe 2.2 Dt tool here..Il give a feedback after i've tried..

Stepanich81
2011-02-23, 10:18 PM
Dear experts, can you explain method for different service prepaid and postpaid: difference coding rate/number of hs-pdsch or limitation in SGSN?

it depends on the rating group on SGSN, and the HLR treat in different ways for prepaid and post paid