PDA

View Full Version : Paging optimization- NSN network

dje2005
2011-01-18, 08:20 PM
Dear experts, do you have any clues on how to improve the paging in the network (NSN), through all aspects...
Thanks in advance for your answers.

kevin_h811
2011-01-19, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Check and compare Cell IDs both BSCs and MSCs, if there are repetitions after rehoming or rehostings and delete those that were repeated.
Check parameters related to paging, like paging times, etc.
One by one parameter you change settings and compare previous and after.
Last resort is LAC Split.
Kindly add rep and thanks if this was useful to you.
Many Thanks...

Regards//

dje2005
2011-02-05, 01:06 AM
thanks kevin_h811 for your answer,
actually it is 3G network, NSN, RU20.
If anyone has tuned some parameters such as PI amount, timers, number of paging repetitions, it would be welcome.

For adding reputations, if anyone can tell me how to do...? thanks

djrodriguez
2011-02-05, 12:00 PM
thanks kevin_h811 for your answer,
actually it is 3G network, NSN, RU20.
If anyone has tuned some parameters such as PI amount, timers, number of paging repetitions, it would be welcome.

For adding reputations, if anyone can tell me how to do...? thanks

Well, one question is! How Many NOdeB per Lac do you have?

dje2005
2011-02-06, 06:48 PM
Hi,

there are around 100 sites per LAC.

The environment is such that we cannot split/add more LAC without creating huge number of LAU. these LAU are directly impacting the paging if ping-pong does exist. we are facing the tradeoff between paging load and signalling load. Anyhow, the customer will not agree in making efforts to split LACs.

I was thinking about tuning parameters, but which one? I have already tuned the PI_amount, and the powers for the common channels. Cable loss as well.

zhanglw268
2011-02-07, 03:56 AM
What's your current paging success rate?

Other areas that can be checked:

check the cell's T3212 timer setting is same in the same LAC and is with a decent value, make the right setting for timer BTGM and GTDM at the MSC-VLR;

Check the attach and detach is enabled at cell level;

Enable automatic de-registration at MSC-VLR if your MSC-VLR support this feature;

Enable MSC-VLR's PURGE function to reduce the global paging when the UE leaves the current MSC-VLR;

Check the T3113 and paging repeating times to make sure that UE responses first paging most of times without second/thrid paging;

Check whether the PICH and PCH are having decent power setting to reach the UEs in the designed coverage area.

Hope the above helps.

Zhanglw268

dje2005
2011-03-26, 09:24 PM
Dears, so far Ihave tried the following:
1) RNC border cells; I delayed the cell reselection in order to decrease the number of LAU
2) CableLoss increase

frangiogt
2011-08-26, 01:19 AM
Hello, someone has a documet about the how is a correct form to make LACĀ“s Dimensioning.

(like a recipe)

Tks Alot

:D

elkador
2011-08-28, 09:33 PM
Did you enable the feature 24kbps Paging Channel?
This will help you (at the expense of one Code) to avoid any Paging congestion.

Splitting LACs is still the best solution at the end. Tweaking LAU is feasible through various parameters (cell reselection hysteris, etc).

parsarka
2011-09-01, 11:14 PM
What's your current paging success rate?

Other areas that can be checked:

check the cell's T3212 timer setting is same in the same LAC and is with a decent value, make the right setting for timer BTGM and GTDM at the MSC-VLR;

Check the attach and detach is enabled at cell level;

Enable automatic de-registration at MSC-VLR if your MSC-VLR support this feature;

Enable MSC-VLR's PURGE function to reduce the global paging when the UE leaves the current MSC-VLR;

Check the T3113 and paging repeating times to make sure that UE responses first paging most of times without second/thrid paging;

Check whether the PICH and PCH are having decent power setting to reach the UEs in the designed coverage area.

Hope the above helps.

Zhanglw268
Hi,
Mine is a 2G NSN Network with PSR toggling between 92 & 94.Please suggest the optimum values for BTGM and GTDM.Also how to enable MSC-VLR's PURGE function in NSN MSC.
Thnx in advance

bruce6701
2011-09-10, 07:00 PM
Thanks for this, i don't have any news...:p:p

mobilek530
2011-10-29, 10:56 AM
LAC should be dimension on base of Physical boundary carefully