PDA

View Full Version : Question Multi vendor

roots
2011-01-12, 06:45 PM
Dears

Can Anyone list the pros and cons oh having a multi vendor network
especially a network composed by Huawei and ZTE.

Thank u
BR

akmamit
2011-03-14, 05:25 PM
Dears

Thank u
BR
Hi,

the problem that i found is the external HO between two vendors..E******* & Huawei.

There were many HO failures...

Regards,
Amit

Processor
2011-03-14, 11:57 PM
Hi,

the problem that i found is the external HO between two vendors..E******* & Huawei.

There were many HO failures...

Regards,
Amit

.............naturally

proy1_10
2011-03-15, 12:13 AM
To be engaged with a provider is an error.

roots
2011-03-15, 12:14 AM
To be engaged with a provider is an error.

what do you mean ?

maahsan
2011-03-15, 12:17 AM
Every scenario is tested in inter operatibility testing. I worked in Nortel-Huawei muti vendor situation and there were not too much issues.

alcatraz
2011-03-15, 01:41 AM
Dears

Thank u
BR

Hi.

We are just making a trial of Single Ran Huawei. We have GSM E******* and 3G Huawei. Both in 800MHZ. We have the complete 800MHZ band.

First of all Huawei had some trouble handling the Spectrum Size, because ther PA (power amplifiers) were only of 15Mhz and our spectrum using both technologies is of 24MHZ.

Finaly the new MRRU was released... supporting 20MHZ of spectrum. Huawei assures that their equipment can handle the 24mhz.

One MRRU have 2 PA's. Each of 40W. So the MRRU is told that handles 80W when it really is 40W per PA.

Well after that it can handles 8 GSM Carriers. Or U want to mix it, it supports up to 4 GSM carriers in one PA and 2 WCDMA Carriers of 20W each in the other PA.

Finally after nearly two years of being working with this equipment finally we are making a trial in a little cluster of 5 Nodes.

So Far it's not fully functional.

Problems we have found:

Lack of experiencied people to work with in both vendors.
The CS Hand Over works well. In the End is a hard hand over or a blind hand over.. so always is a very high chance of getting a dropped call.. but.. it works.
The worst part is the PS handover... Huawei have problems in making working even between GSM and WCDMA huawei.
We have Huawei RAN 10 and SRAN (Huawei single Ran) in RAN 11. We have been getting a lot of Parameters mismatch between RNC's. So have had a lot of troubles in the the PS handover, between Huawei and E*******.
Is not functional to have both technologies in the same antenna. I really dont recomend it. U know the the 3G covarage is very differente from the 2G.
It's a good solution for indoor systems and for those sites that u have to be discrete or u don't have to many space to install de equipment.
Compared to the 2G Ercisson. I mean 2G e******* vs 2G huawei.. Huawei it's very superior. In Huawei you don't have combiner or feeders losses. It's much easier to install. The Web LMT is much better than the winfiol or the E******* OSS. One Cabinet of Ericcsoon can only have 4TRX in each antenna.. talking about the RBS 2106i. In Huawei u can get 8TRX per antenna.
Well in the end answering to the question. I agree with most of you.. the worst of things is the HO problems.. specially in the PS domain.

I have some Documents that I can share.. I will try to upload them so you can have them.

Regards.

Hope the info is usefull.

akmamit
2011-03-15, 01:43 AM
i have worked with an operator which had 4 vendors..NSN , huawei, e******* & ALU...The HO inbetween vendors...has always been a problem...issue may be because of improper sync in between BSC's...

rafanavas
2011-03-15, 01:47 AM
about multi vendor

alcatraz
2011-03-15, 02:17 AM
Hi.

Here are some files.

Very hard to get.. But in the end I hope they are usefull. There are some things that are no as literal as the documents says. This documents were provided by the vendor.

Hope they work. Please if some one have expirience between Huawei and GSM E*******.. I would like to ask some questions and of course feel free to ask any question. If I know the answers I would be more than happy to help.

Regards.

Please say thanks and add rep if you find it helpfull.

I also have an excel comparisson between the Power of E******* vs. Huawei... I didn´t upload it because I don't know if you want it.

akmamit
2011-03-15, 02:48 AM
HI,

Can u please share power mapping files with me..for e******* to huawei swap...

Regards,
Amit

roots
2011-03-15, 03:32 AM
Hi.

Here are some files.

Very hard to get.. But in the end I hope they are usefull. There are some things that are no as literal as the documents says. This documents were provided by the vendor.

Hope they work. Please if some one have expirience between Huawei and GSM E*******.. I would like to ask some questions and of course feel free to ask any question. If I know the answers I would be more than happy to help.

Regards.

Please say thanks and add rep if you find it helpfull.

I also have an excel comparisson between the Power of E******* vs. Huawei... I didn´t upload it because I don't know if you want it.

Thanks for this document, can u share the comparison as well ?
You will get thanks & reputation.

Could anyone advise on which could be the best

1/ have a single RAN 2G ZTE / 3G ZTE or
2/have a multi RAN 2G Huawei/ 3G ZTE

Thx
BR

alcatraz
2011-03-15, 03:39 AM
Ok.

I'm just going to put it on enlglish.

In a momento I´m going to upload it.

regards.

alcatraz
2011-03-15, 06:55 AM
Here is the Power Mapping.

hope you find it usefull.

Regards.

No Password. Please Thanks if it is good.

justdream
2011-07-23, 10:22 PM
Huawei it's very superior. In Huawei you don't have combiner or feeders losses

Dear, do you have any idea how Huawei acheived that?
also do you have some doscuments that prove above mentiond point?

Thanks also for your sharing :)