PDA

View Full Version : Question Threshold & hysteresis

justdream
2011-01-09, 03:46 AM
Dear Optimizers,

Please I've gerenal inquiry
what's the difference in radio parameters world between Threshold & hysteresis?

RF engineer
2011-01-09, 02:05 PM
Dear Optimizers,

Threshold are the limit which used to trigger the event and hysteresis is used to reduce the ping pong effect of that event which already set in threshold .
BR

proy1_10
2011-01-09, 05:56 PM
Treshold absolute value
Hysteresis relative value

darshanmalde
2011-01-09, 06:13 PM
Dear Optimizers,

in simple language threshold is wall for everyone and hysteresis is wall per relation. for example in handover threshold value is same for every neighbor cell and hysteresis(offset) value is different for every neighbor.

dekili
2011-01-09, 09:09 PM
Treshold is related to the signal level that is determined by service needed on the mobile terminal. When terminal reach defined treshold it will go to handover procedure. In order to avoid ping-pong effect (having multiple handovers in overlap area between two cells) upper and lower limits in signal level are set (hysteresis) so the terminal would not "run" to other cell every moment when better signal level is detected, no matter how small the improvement is. These values are usualy set for the neighbors independetly due to terrain influence, network organization (size of overlap area) etc...
Treshold will keep the service going on the terminal while hysteresis will save the resources in the network...

sala70vic
2011-01-09, 09:22 PM
Hi,

In addition to the below replies, by thresholds you cannot control steps of 0.5db while you can use hysteresis to do it, thanks.
regards,