PDA

View Full Version : Ray-tracing for Wi-Fi indoor coverage study

Antani
2011-01-06, 09:43 PM
Hi guys,
I'm searching for a tool that allows to study via raytracing methods the Wi-Fi coverage for a small indoor area. Any suggestions?

I just tried the following:
AWE winprop - problem: can't import indoor database (created with wallman) in the evaluation version (v9.30 as read in this forum, even with med).
EDXsignalpro - problem: no building editor, so no possibility to import/draw maps.

An help would be much appreciated. :)

proy1_10
2011-01-06, 11:03 PM
I think awe-communications software is the best one

zeuscane
2011-01-06, 11:18 PM
ics Telecom and ICS Map Server may solve your problem, see this:
INDOOR_NETWORK_DESIGN_IN_ICS_TELECOM-eng.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/ygJIG0fb/INDOOR_NETWORK_DESIGN_IN_ICS_T.html)

Regards
zeuscane

Hi guys,
I'm searching for a tool that allows to study via raytracing methods the Wi-Fi coverage for a small indoor area. Any suggestions?

RFprop - problem: can't import indoor database (created with wallman) in the evaluation version (v9.30 as read in this forum, even with med).
EDXsignalpro - problem: no building editor, so no possibility to import/draw maps.

dekili
2011-01-07, 02:02 AM
REMCOM Insight should solve you the problem. They do have ray tracing. I know from the friend about the tool that can import building structure (wall, windows, wall structure etc...) but does not have ray tracing so REMCOM is the closest thing to the one that you are looking for. I think that you can get a trial version from REMCOM site, at least it was possible some time ago. It is 30 days license.

ganci.gancic
2011-01-09, 07:29 PM
Hi guys,

AWE winprop - problem: can't import indoor database (created with wallman) in the evaluation version (v9.30 as read in this forum, even with med).

Try RadioPlan also. It's ray tracing software.

proy1_10
2011-01-09, 11:03 PM
Radioplan is a good introductory tool but if you need accurancy, you need other more professional tools

chuchy
2011-06-20, 07:29 AM
HEY, i need to download REMCOM wireless insite. a version that i can use 30 days.
Thanks

vivainter
2011-06-20, 04:30 PM
Remcom with med is available on forum

chuchy
2011-06-20, 08:00 PM
Where on forum?
Thanks!

Femto_Engineer
2011-06-20, 08:30 PM
REMCOM Insight should solve you the problem. They do have ray tracing. I know from the friend about the tool that can import building structure (wall, windows, wall structure etc...) but does not have ray tracing so REMCOM is the closest thing to the one that you are looking for. I think that you can get a trial version from REMCOM site, at least it was possible some time ago. It is 30 days license.

Wireless Insite has following ray tracing computation features.

Full 3D ray tracing (can be used for indoor and outdoor)
Fast 3D ray tracing (outdoor only)
Urban Canyon ray tracing (outdoor only)

I have used all of them and they all work perfectly. I havent come across any software as detailed as the 'Wireless Insite':

-You can design the indoor as well as the outdoor
-Evaluate the performance of a communication system in a specific environment (indoor or outdoors)
-Select from vast array of outputs
and many more.

Its simply the best.