PDA

View Full Version : frequency tuning - high raise buildings

telwind
2011-01-05, 06:25 PM
Dear all,

We are facing the problem in GSM network which most locations in high raise building (normally 10th floor or up), the RxLev is quite good but RxQual, C/I is fluctuating which might cause of drop calls and access failures.

Any advice how to resolve this common issue?

rishi
2011-01-05, 07:06 PM
Dear all,

We are facing the problem in GSM network which most locations in high raise building (normally 10th floor or up), the RxLev is quite good but RxQual, C/I is fluctuating which might cause of drop calls and access failures.

Many of the times if the clutter is high enough the coverage comes enough but it has so many other cells coming at a higher point, in such case to need to make a dominant cell at tha tpoint by arraging some walk test and drive test activities to solve it

telwind
2011-01-05, 07:15 PM
Many of the times if the clutter is high enough the coverage comes enough but it has so many other cells coming at a higher point, in such case to need to make a dominant cell at tha tpoint by arraging some walk test and drive test activities to solve it

agree that we need to make a dominant cell but how to do it.

we have tried to tune the antenna then it impact to the existing coverage footprint. we also tried to increase the tx power but it saw some overshooting and cdr gets higher,... i look the frequency re-planning if someone could share experience

rishi
2011-01-05, 07:19 PM
Is it a IBS site or Outdoor

telwind
2011-01-05, 07:30 PM
Is it a IBS site or Outdoor

we could resolve this issue by IBS. But this is common issue. Many buildings have this problem, geting DAS/IBS will cost alot. that why we look some tuning/optimization solution.

PaleNxtTel
2011-01-05, 09:00 PM
Hi

From my point of view, I think u need to look after the frequency plan since you have good RxLev but bad RXQual, mostly its related to the frequency issues.

how many carrier do u have, do u use Frequency Hopping or not and what vendor is ur equipment ??

Dear all,

mp9413
2011-01-06, 12:10 AM
Hi

From my point of view, I think u need to look after the frequency plan since you have good RxLev but bad RXQual, mostly its related to the frequency issues.

how many carrier do u have, do u use Frequency Hopping or not and what vendor is ur equipment ??

Agree! Frequency retune is the fast approach. If it is just one or two cells, minor retune should be easy. Otherwise, large scale retune need to be planned.

telwind
2011-01-06, 09:52 AM
Hi

In our master plan has 18 TCHs and 18 BCCHs, Frequency Hopping is enable, E******* equipment.

It seems frequency retuning should be used. Any other solution?

Thanks for your advice.

PaleNxtTel
2011-01-06, 09:56 AM
Sounds good. PM me if u want I can help u with that :)

In our master plan has 18 TCHs and 18 BCCHs, Frequency Hopping is enable, E******* equipment.

It seems frequency retuning should be used. Any other solution?

Thanks for your advice.