PDA

View Full Version : Question DRD between Huwaei and E******* definitions

eritelecom
2010-12-29, 01:26 AM
I found a difference between the DRD definiton of E******* and Huawei. in fact for E******* it is a load sharing function which aims to offload speech traffic from WCDMA to GSM respecting some thresholds like WCDMA cell load and UE directed fraction and the HO is a blind HO (no measurements are done and only one GSM target cell has to be configured)
for Huawei: DRD is invoked to move UEs failing to establish RRC or RAB connection on the WCDMA cell to othere intra / inter freaquecy WCDMA cells or GSM cells (IRAT HO) according to measurements made by UE !!!

@ experts ; please correct what is wrong in the above description and it will be great if someone provide me with huawei 3G features description guide for RAN10

agenov
2010-12-29, 04:55 PM
I found a difference between the DRD definiton of E******* and Huawei. in fact for E******* it is a load sharing function which aims to offload speech traffic from WCDMA to GSM respecting some thresholds like WCDMA cell load and UE directed fraction and the HO is a blind HO (no measurements are done and only one GSM target cell has to be configured)
for Huawei: DRD is invoked to move UEs failing to establish RRC or RAB connection on the WCDMA cell to othere intra / inter freaquecy WCDMA cells or GSM cells (IRAT HO) according to measurements made by UE !!!

@ experts ; please correct what is wrong in the above description and it will be great if someone provide me with huawei 3G features description guide for RAN10

In Huawei there is similar algorithm named LDR (Load Reshuffling). DRD is always use during the call set-up procedure (RRC/RAB) unlike LDR that is use after that during call duration time!
The best is to check Library/Huawei sections in depth where you can find useful info/documentation about Huawei .

sala70vic
2010-12-29, 05:11 PM

RAN10 feature decription attached

eritelecom
2010-12-29, 06:44 PM
thanks for all collaborating friends
however, I didn't find what i'm looking for.
what I meant is the technical description of huawei RAN algorithms like DRD, LDR, OLC, DCCC ....

DRD in E******* is not similar to LDR in huawei because DRD in E******* is also excuted during RAB establishment, however the reason behind it is to offload speech traffic from WCDMA cell to a cosited GSM cell despite that 3G cell is capable of handling such connections.
DRD in huawei is excuted when RRC/RAB connection request is denied and therefore is aiming to avoid the connection request failure (access failure) by moving UEs to intra/inter frequency or GSM cells
ie in E******* the target cell is a predifined GSM cell
in huawei the target cell can be WCDMA intar or interfrequency cell or GSM cell

your comments and docs are welcome;)

moh_sulaiman
2010-12-29, 09:07 PM
RAN10 feature decription attached

Hi all,

kindly share if anybody has same document for RAN 11 and RAN 12

BR

agenov
2010-12-30, 01:31 AM
thanks for all collaborating friends
however, I didn't find what i'm looking for.
what I meant is the technical description of huawei RAN algorithms like DRD, LDR, OLC, DCCC ....

DRD in E******* is not similar to LDR in huawei because DRD in E******* is also excuted during RAB establishment, however the reason behind it is to offload speech traffic from WCDMA cell to a cosited GSM cell despite that 3G cell is capable of handling such connections.
DRD in huawei is excuted when RRC/RAB connection request is denied and therefore is aiming to avoid the connection request failure (access failure) by moving UEs to intra/inter frequency or GSM cells
ie in E******* the target cell is a predifined GSM cell
in huawei the target cell can be WCDMA intar or interfrequency cell or GSM cell

your comments and docs are welcome;)

What you need is "Huawei Feature Description Guide" and you may search the forum for it.
DRD in Huawei is not used only in case of failure during RAB/RRC set-up but also when you want to do traffic redistribution based on service type as well as load balancing between different inter-freq neighbors and etc. In addition if you give more info maybe we can help you to solve the issue you are trying to cope with.

Cheers,
Alex.

eritelecom
2011-01-02, 06:44 PM
What you need is "Huawei Feature Description Guide" and you may search the forum for it.
DRD in Huawei is not used only in case of failure during RAB/RRC set-up but also when you want to do traffic redistribution based on service type as well as load balancing between different inter-freq neighbors and etc. In addition if you give more info maybe we can help you to solve the issue you are trying to cope with.

Cheers,
Alex.

Thank u Alex for your clarification.
Could you explain to me briefly how could I use DRD to redistribute traffic load between Cells/systems ? (for Huawei)
I know hpw to do that for E******* since there are some defined parameters like user fraction and cell load threshold (% DL total power) but not for Huawei