PDA

View Full Version : tems drive test plot on google earth

simmus0300
2010-12-24, 01:22 AM
I want to plot tems drive test log on google earth and I also want to plot tcpu prediction plot on goole earth. Then I want to compare actual coverage(shown in tems drive test log) with the TCPU predicion plot.How can i do this ?

shahram
2010-12-24, 02:58 AM
For exporting the tems log files:

1.export tems log files to tab format
2.open them in mapinfo,and modify the colors as you wish,
3.use the "Google Earth connection Utility" tool in mapinfo to export to google earth,

you can find google earth connection utility in tool manager in mapinfo,activate it and it will appear in "Map" menu in Mapinfo

good luck
shahram

shahram
2010-12-24, 03:07 AM
to export tems logs to google earth:

1.export your tems log files to mapinfo TAB format
2. open them in mapinfo and modify it as you wish to appear
3.use " Google Earth Connection Utility" to export them to google earth

google earth connection utility is a build in tool in Mapinfo,you need to activate it in tool manager and it will appear in "Map" menu in mapinfo

good luck
Shahram

Admin,
Why the first time i am posting it doesn't apprea! I have to do it twice to see my post!!

simmus0300
2010-12-24, 05:59 PM
to export tems logs to google earth:

1.export your tems log files to mapinfo TAB format
2. open them in mapinfo and modify it as you wish to appear
3.use " Google Earth Connection Utility" to export them to google earth

google earth connection utility is a build in tool in Mapinfo,you need to activate it in tool manager and it will appear in "Map" menu in mapinfo

good luck
Shahram

Admin,
Why the first time i am posting it doesn't apprea! I have to do it twice to see my post!!

Thanks. But how i will plot tcpu prediction in jpg format on google earth.And how i will compare these two plots ie tems log file and tcpu prediction in jpg format on google earth.

atiq722
2010-12-25, 12:33 AM
I want to plot tems drive test log on google earth and I also want to plot tcpu prediction plot on goole earth. Then I want to compare actual coverage(shown in tems drive test log) with the TCPU predicion plot.How can i do this ?
you cant do my friend nemo can export only google kml rx lev

telwind
2010-12-25, 09:10 AM
TEMS RA could support directly into kml format from Map window

kadry
2010-12-25, 03:26 PM
From My Knowledge

we can do that :
step1:export logfile by using TEMS to MapInfo format (.tab)
Step2:open tab file by using MapInfo program
Step3:by using the Tool ComMon in MapInfo
choose ComMon--> Export to Google Erath-->Drive test level

Thanks for Your Thanks &Reply:p:p:p:p:p:p

elche
2010-12-26, 03:23 PM
Thanks. But how i will plot tcpu prediction in jpg format on google earth.And how i will compare these two plots ie tems log file and tcpu prediction in jpg format on google earth.

TCPU can export any layer directly to Google Earth, can't remember the exact name of the drop down menu in the main screen but the last option is "export sites to Google Earth" click just above the last option, in there you can choose to export entire layer, select desired layer and google earth kml as output format (mapinfo tab is also available) and you are done. To compare the two the best method for me so far is : 1.- open logfiles in TEMS RA once the drive test is displayed on the screen right click on top of the map and select the "export to google earth" option 2.- open TCPU run coverage prediction , export layer to google earth as explained earlier. open both resulting kml files in google Earth, adjust transparency and overlay ... Enjoy! The only disadvantage of using this method is that you are limited to the original tems scale and colors. Try the instructions, a more detailed description can be made if required once I have the computer that has tems installed at hand. As always Thanks and reputation are welcome if it helped :-)

striker711
2010-12-28, 07:53 PM
should be some option in to export to google earth

anway007m
2011-07-14, 04:05 PM
For exporting the tems log files:

1.export tems log files to tab format
2.open them in mapinfo,and modify the colors as you wish,
3.use the "Google Earth connection Utility" tool in mapinfo to export to google earth,

you can find google earth connection utility in tool manager in mapinfo,activate it and it will appear in "Map" menu in Mapinfo

good luck
shahram
Thanks for sharing.
Now i can export the tab file to google earth.But the tab file is hiding the places,buildings,elevations,etc in google earth.
Is there any way how to unlock unhide these stuffs.

_lisi4king
2011-07-15, 01:02 AM
Another useful tool has a name Global Mapper. This tool has frendly interfase and gives posibility to convert from one file to another. For example from tab, mif to kmz\kml. In adittion you can decide which label will you see near object or which data will be if you click on object. I use it every time to create sites layer for GoogleEarth, onAir and planned cells and ect. ;)