PDA

View Full Version : Question Coverage Vs adding 2sd Carrier

Kamatchou
2010-12-23, 07:23 PM
Hi friends,

When adding a second carrier, the power per carrier is reduced from 30w to 20w. The CPICH Power is the same in both cases (33dm).

I'm asking if this reduction of the NodeB total power will reduce the coverage?

Regards

sala70vic
2010-12-23, 08:03 PM
Hi friends,

When adding a second carrier, the power per carrier is reduced from 30w to 20w. The CPICH Power is the same in both cases (33dm).

Regards

Hi,

no change in the coverage areaa s the CPICH power is same, thanks.
regards,

wirelessboy
2010-12-23, 08:57 PM
of course you get reduction if you measured these values !
how did you get the cpich power value: measured or just read the setting from the OMC nodeb config?
how did you do the config for 2nd carrier: two transmitters combined via hybrids oder a multicarrier TX/PA?

agenov
2010-12-23, 09:34 PM
of course you get reduction if you measured these values !
how did you get the cpich power value: measured or just read the setting from the OMC nodeb config?
how did you do the config for 2nd carrier: two transmitters combined via hybrids oder a multicarrier TX/PA?

No serving area reduction, for sure!

Klaus
2010-12-23, 09:55 PM
Different vendor/RF equipment type/ antenna connection will give different results.

atiq722
2010-12-23, 10:18 PM
thanks men you are great

qaqa
2010-12-25, 01:28 AM
Hi

As the CPICH power didn't change so the coverage footprint won't either. But as your power is reduced service Quality, number of users supported, data rates, HSDPA throughput... all will be affected. so the bottom line will be: coverage no change Capacity and quality will both be impacted :)

firstmaxim
2010-12-25, 01:44 PM
Hi friends,

Regards

Normally, I would anticipate an increase in the reach of the DPDCH as a result of the 2nd carrier addition, due to the reduced loading per carrier. But since, you mention that the power per carrier has been reduced (combiner loss?), and CPICH power is same, then DPDCH coverage should reduce.

cococrunch
2010-12-28, 04:47 PM
Normally, I would anticipate an increase in the reach of the DPDCH as a result of the 2nd carrier addition, due to the reduced loading per carrier. But since, you mention that the power per carrier has been reduced (combiner loss?), and CPICH power is same, then DPDCH coverage should reduce.

Hi firstmaxim, can you explain further? I'm eager to understand.. Thanks..

tareq1010
2010-12-28, 06:43 PM
the coverage will not change but Capacity and quality will both be impacted.

firstmaxim
2010-12-28, 07:15 PM
Hi firstmaxim, can you explain further? I'm eager to understand.. Thanks..

Since the "power per carrier is reduced from 30w to 20w" and the " CPICH Power is the same in both cases (33dm)" the DPDCH coverage should reduce. But then, one should consider what is the loading for the two carriers. If the introduction of the second carrier, decreases the cell loading by a significant manner (say 75 % t0 50%), it can make up for the reduced carrier strength.

striker711
2010-12-28, 07:46 PM
better you also upgrade power capacity.

since this is just trade off between capacity and quality