PDA

View Full Version : Difference between RF Tuning & Optimization

snabeel03
2010-12-23, 02:18 PM
Can you guys please share your thoughts,how would you differentiate between RF Tuning & optimization? Somebody asked me this question in one of the interviews and he said that there's a difference.

rishi
2010-12-23, 03:27 PM
RF tuning is process of collecting a data for rf measurements and then make parametrically change to a rf signal so as to improve quality of a rf signal and optimization is a process of improving rf signal by applying a change with a same available resource

Klaus
2010-12-23, 09:52 PM
RF tuning done during new BTS launching or SWAP, to be sure, that BTS integration have no problem. RF optimization done when cluster of network alrady builded/swapped and need to improove some KPI.

atiq722
2010-12-23, 10:21 PM
can u help more my friene

atiq722
2010-12-23, 10:23 PM
:ppost doc any please provide me

snabeel03
2010-12-24, 03:02 AM
Thanks,Guys.

Atiq,

What r u looking for?

hazem tarek
2010-12-24, 06:30 AM
RF Optimization means radio frequency optimization and it means improving and optimizing the mobile or GSM network using the existed and available components only and RF optimization is a department in any mobile operator company.
while RF tuning i do not know a clear definition about it :( unfortunately

Tomas Delgado
2010-12-24, 06:58 AM
RF Tunning only include Drive test Analisys
Optimization statistic Analisys of network

firstmaxim
2010-12-24, 01:12 PM
Can you guys please share your thoughts,how would you differentiate between RF Tuning & optimization? Somebody asked me this question in one of the interviews and he said that there's a difference.

RF tuning and RF optimization: They mean the same!

dekili
2010-12-31, 08:03 AM
RF optimization means optimizing RAN having minimized interference, drop call and getting better RSS. Usualy, RF tuning means making small changes (much smaller in comparison to RF optmization) in order to improve situation regarding single cell or smaller number of cells. Generally, when you finish with network optimization you can tune it to make final solution.

dNoB
2010-12-31, 10:32 AM
RF optimization means optimizing RAN having minimized interference, drop call and getting better RSS. Usualy, RF tuning means making small changes (much smaller in comparison to RF optmization) in order to improve situation regarding single cell or smaller number of cells. Generally, when you finish with network optimization you can tune it to make final solution.

Correct me if I'm wrong please:
Tuning - ensuring the initial settings are correct (before integration, ready for commercial service; in-service, maintaining settings are correct)

Optimizing - with the right/correct settings with no additional hardware resources, making further compromised adjustment to improve network target/s (KPI)

rei_vladimir
2011-01-05, 01:09 AM
in every integration of new site/s to a network, the site should be "optimized". so rf tuning is then the correct term rather than optimization?

catdog83
2011-01-05, 06:32 AM
@ dNoB
you are correct, in the "tunning" you make the new site(s) or the group that is affected by them to get the correct settings.
In the optimization, you get a global view, a complete set with specific KPI targets so the group of sites (cluster/ LAC) reach the expected goal based on dropped calls, blocked calls i.e. that varies regarding on the KPIs are needed to "optimize" in the network.

@rei_vladimir
basically you correct the site but by doing so you are "optimizing" its initial RF set, it could be considered as an initial optimization in the affected area by "the new site(s)".

best regards,
catdog83

dekili
2011-01-05, 06:42 AM
dNoB was correct. Tuning means small changes made on parameters for ongoing (live) service. It requires much smaller effort than optimization.
Optimization means major change of parameters on the level of cluster or LAC.
One example: if you are searching for optimization engineers, they have to be present in the spot/area where the network is. If you are just tuning the system, you can have one of the engineers on the location (close to network) and the others could work on tuning from some distant location, as support. Tunning is nevel critical service while optimization could be.

rei_vladimir
2011-01-06, 08:32 AM
Good read guys.:rolleyes:

nanangbobo
2011-01-18, 01:52 AM
dNoB was correct. Tuning means small changes made on parameters for ongoing (live) service. It requires much smaller effort than optimization.
Optimization means major change of parameters on the level of cluster or LAC.
One example: if you are searching for optimization engineers, they have to be present in the spot/area where the network is. If you are just tuning the system, you can have one of the engineers on the location (close to network) and the others could work on tuning from some distant location, as support. Tunning is nevel critical service while optimization could be.

thanks guys for the explain...:)

k4conk
2011-01-18, 04:22 PM
@ dNoB
you are correct, in the "tunning" you make the new site(s) or the group that is affected by them to get the correct settings.
In the optimization, you get a global view, a complete set with specific KPI targets so the group of sites (cluster/ LAC) reach the expected goal based on dropped calls, blocked calls i.e. that varies regarding on the KPIs are needed to "optimize" in the network.

@rei_vladimir
basically you correct the site but by doing so you are "optimizing" its initial RF set, it could be considered as an initial optimization in the affected area by "the new site(s)".

best regards,
catdog83

agree with you.. :p