PDA

View Full Version : SFH planning

aquatic
2010-12-11, 05:21 AM
dear frens,
i have 25 900MHz frequency, and i need to plan the SFH, as i planned SFH1x1 with 12 BCCH and 12 TCH frequency, i got the MAIO plannig problem as i cannot have more MAIO than the hopping frequency, as some site have more than 10 TRX running currently.

can i go for staggered bcch and tch plan or there is some other ways to plan....

please help....... :confused:

RF engineer
2010-12-11, 08:28 AM
dear frens,
i have 25 900MHz frequency, and i need to plan the SFH, as i planned SFH1x1 with 12 BCCH and 12 TCH frequency, i got the MAIO plannig problem as i cannot have more MAIO than the hopping frequency, as some site have more than 10 TRX running currently.

can i go for staggered bcch and tch plan or there is some other ways to plan....

These sites are inside city or outside city if it is outside do BBH if not you have to do BBH hopping all over the netwrok and inside city go ahead with your SFH plan .
BR

aquatic
2010-12-11, 08:41 AM
the site is in the city but small with 20 sites....and we are trailing the sfh.... and 3-4 cells have upto 72 erl traffic in busy hour...

thanks for the suggestion

danikd
2010-12-11, 10:06 AM
the site is in the city but small with 20 sites....and we are trailing the sfh.... and 3-4 cells have upto 72 erl traffic in busy hour...

The best possible solution for you is go for SFH Ad-Hoc frequency allocation.
It seems that you have pretty loaded network with high level of traffic.

Just for your knowledge - SFH 1x1 (or 1x3) reuse is good for new networks or networks with very low traffic level.

If you need more explanations about SFH ad-hoc I can help you with explanations.

RF engineer
2010-12-11, 10:49 PM

In my opinion go on BBH or MRP frequency plan

aquatic
2010-12-12, 12:37 AM

Just for your knowledge - SFH 1x1 (or 1x3) reuse is good for new networks or networks with very low traffic level.

If you need more explanations about SFH ad-hoc I can help you with explanations.

i will be greatful if u explain about the ad-hoc planning.....:)

danikd
2010-12-12, 12:39 AM
In my opinion go on BBH or MRP frequency plan

BBH can be used once you have 3-4 TRXs per sector and if you have no HW limitations like EDGE compatible/incompatible TRXs mix within the sector.
Once EDGE implemented, then you should be sure that all TRXs support EDGE in order to go for BBH.

In any case BBH or SFH Ad-hoc - you have to go with good AFP tool and reliable process of Interference Matrix creation (Measurements reporting based).

aquatic
2010-12-12, 12:45 AM

i will be greatful if u explain about the ad-hoc planning.....:)

s52d
2010-12-12, 02:58 AM
dear frens,

Hi!

25 is quite low number...
Assuming your over 10 TRX per site is 11 TRX (say, 3+4+4 is your max site), you migh try
with lower number of BCCH (9 can do in small city, others are used outside) and try with
allocating 3 TCH frequencies per cell, with one from former BCCH band.
with those 3: use only one or max two adjacent per site, for example:
sec1: 1 6 12 +BCCH
sec2: 3 8 13 +BCCH
sec3: 5 10 15 + BCCH
another close site:
sec1: 2 7 16 +BCCH (of course, BCCH 17 and 18 are not used in this site)
sec2:4 9 15 +BCCH
sec3:6 11 13 +BCCH
consider using BB hoping in cells with 4 TRXes, so you include BCCH in hopping.
try to use no pattern (called NPR, No pattern reuse); try to load all frequencies equally.

Look at it as 1:1 in one moment, then you remove some frequencies in cells that overlap heavily,
then you use same frequencies from cells on same sate (as MAIO does),
then you limit use of adjacent frequencies on same site (uplink quality).

BR
s52d

Do not expect high quality: for this you need at least 40 frequencies ;-)

BR
S52d

ashraferto
2010-12-12, 05:20 AM
I already post a document in the below thread, hope it will be useful for you:

Document for Frequency Hopping (http://www.finetopix.com/nokiasiemens/13826-good-document-frequency-hopping-siemens-gsm-networks.html)

PaleNxtTel
2010-12-12, 10:47 AM
Dear Aquatic,

I'm working in similar environment, only 24 carrier and over than 1 milion subscriber with high demand trafic !! . since you have only 20 site so I suggest to use 10 BCCH and 15 TCH this should work but u need to be carful with the BCCH planning, use AFP tool then check it manually.
I could help u in the planning if u want just PM me.

dear frens,

PaleNxtTel
2010-12-12, 10:52 AM
by the way ... I don't recommend staggered bcch it doesn't give a good performance.