PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Cell handover

mojiiiiii
2010-11-30, 04:52 AM
want to enable a umbrella cell HO for one site where we have Micro co-located with a Macro.

Macro is taking a huge traffic but micro does not even take 1 erlang.

Can anybody suggest me ,do i have to enable a umbrella cell HO in both the cells and also tell me how is it going to work and also what thresholds to set.

s52d
2010-11-30, 08:03 AM
want to enable a umbrella cell HO for one site where we have Micro co-located with a Macro.

Can anybody suggest me ,do i have to enable a umbrella cell HO in both the cells and also tell me how is it going to work and also what thresholds to set.

Hi!

It is vendor depended. Vendor? 2g or 3g. For 3g: same or different frequency?

Maybe you misplaced micro? Is there enough traffic?

There is no universla sollution, you have to do it case by case.

BR
s52d

danikd
2010-11-30, 09:11 AM

It seems you are talking about GSM Nokia? Am I right?

If yes, then go by the following guidelines:
1. Enable Umbrella HO for Macro cell.
2. For Micro Cell define DL RxLevel HO threshold to -85dBm
3. For Macro cell to Micro cell neighbor relation define Umbrella HO Rxlevel -80dBm
4. For Micro cell to Macro cells neighbor relations define PBGT HO Margin to 128 (63dB hysteresis).

Now active mode running according to HCS i.e. once RxLevel from micro cell is higher than -80dBm, then traffic from Macro cell will move to micro regardless macro cell Rxlevel. Once micro cell Rxlevel falls below -85dBm, then traffic will go back to Macro (it should be stronger than micro).
In order to increase traffic on micro you should increase thresholds to lower Rxlevel -85 and -90 respectively.
Do not forget that this configuration requires extremely good frequency allocation for microcell.

Also idle mode parameters should be tuned well.

Need more help do not hesitate....

Enjoy

mojiiiiii
2010-11-30, 02:47 PM
It seems you are talking about GSM Nokia? Am I right?

If yes, then go by the following guidelines:
1. Enable Umbrella HO for Macro cell.
2. For Micro Cell define DL RxLevel HO threshold to -85dBm
3. For Macro cell to Micro cell neighbor relation define Umbrella HO Rxlevel -80dBm
4. For Micro cell to Macro cells neighbor relations define PBGT HO Margin to 128 (63dB hysteresis).

Now active mode running according to HCS i.e. once RxLevel from micro cell is higher than -80dBm, then traffic from Macro cell will move to micro regardless macro cell Rxlevel. Once micro cell Rxlevel falls below -85dBm, then traffic will go back to Macro (it should be stronger than micro).
In order to increase traffic on micro you should increase thresholds to lower Rxlevel -85 and -90 respectively.
Do not forget that this configuration requires extremely good frequency allocation for microcell.

Also idle mode parameters should be tuned well.

Need more help do not hesitate....

Enjoy
thanks for your recommendation.
please clarify me about idle mode parameters.
meanwile,how can i use
Direct access to desired layer/band (DADL/B) feature

for this situation?