PDA

View Full Version : CE Explanation

ro_wan
2010-11-26, 12:38 PM
Can someone provide me an explanation/application usage of channel elements in the nodeB please? When a call is made does the call "use up" one entire CE for the duration of a CS call? For PS sessions is the CE used as required or "leased" to the UE? Thanks in advance.

agenov
2010-11-26, 03:42 PM
Can someone provide me an explanation/application usage of channel elements in the nodeB please? When a call is made does the call "use up" one entire CE for the duration of a CS call? For PS sessions is the CE used as required or "leased" to the UE? Thanks in advance.

Channel elements are base-band processing capacity of the NodeB and is based on SF used in Cell_DCH. There is exact relation between each service/rate and CEs consumption (for example AMR 12.2 = 1CE in DL and 1 CE in the UL, HSUPA 1.4Mbps consumes 22CE in the UL (vendor specific) and etc). For the entire duration of the session these elements are used only for that particular call. There are many posts in the forum about this issue so you can check them as well.

aminkhan
2010-11-27, 08:13 AM
the attached file will help you , it has CE explanation.

wolverine
2010-11-27, 06:23 PM
the attached file will help you , it has CE explanation.

I would take it's contents with a pinch of salt. I have never heard of this dimensioning rule before..

"If the user is near to BS he will use less power and will use 1 CE and if far the 2 CE’s."

CE utilisation directly related to power? I don't think so..

jayjay
2010-11-28, 06:22 PM
Channel elements are base-band processing capacity of the NodeB and is based on SF used in Cell_DCH. There is exact relation between each service/rate and CEs consumption (for example AMR 12.2 = 1CE in DL and 1 CE in the UL, HSUPA 1.4Mbps consumes 22CE in the UL (vendor specific) and etc). For the entire duration of the session these elements are used only for that particular call. There are many posts in the forum about this issue so you can check them as well.

For the second question regarding PS session, CE is required. If there is no CE available, no call setup will be attained.

CE usage depends on the type of traffic needed.

jayjay
2010-11-28, 06:54 PM
I would take it's contents with a pinch of salt. I have never heard of this dimensioning rule before..

"If the user is near to BS he will use less power and will use 1 CE and if far the 2 CE’s."

CE utilisation directly related to power? I don't think so..

Yes, CE utilization is not directly related to power. Near or far from the BTS, CE required for a specific traffic is constant. When two UEs with different distance from the BTS use the same CE with the same traffic.

Somehow, CE may also be related to distance but should not be treated with direct intervention.

qaqa
2010-11-29, 11:41 AM
hi Guys
find attached an example of the CE consumption law for HW sustem.
hope it is helping

dekili
2010-12-31, 09:26 PM
CEs are used per single call/connection. Number of CEs used per service is vendor specific and is not related to the power but to the switching capabilities (traffic). As it was mentioned by agenov, you need 1CE DL/UL for voice call (not leased and completly used by the user who is having that service active). For PS you will also need CEs, and even up to 8 of them for 384/64kbps service (vendor specific).
CEs are usually shared among cells on the site but number of CEs could be added so it is not a major problem. Problem is the fact that you need user statistics so you could evaluate number of supported users per cell. If you have such statistics in wide area, all of your calculations will be based on eqaul user spreading in that area, which might not be true for a single cell. Also, activity of your users will play the most important role.

striker711
2011-01-04, 02:17 PM
someone upload in 4shared or any please

i think thread starter also still in junior member so cannot download any from above file

dekili
2011-01-04, 11:41 PM

i think thread starter also still in junior member so cannot download any from above file

Files are vendor related so better specify in whos equipment you are interested... After that, if we have anything interesting, we can post it or pm it... It is not usefull if you are not targeting the vendor that you need.

dekili
2011-01-07, 09:13 PM

Here is the explanation and some numbers from me posted here so you don't need to download it. I hope that it will be useful.

Channel element is the basic baseband capacity unit, corresponding to the basic processing requirement for processing one AMR Call/16 Kbps. The CE consumption is calculated separately for UL and DL DCH traffic according to DCH Rate. The capacity requirements for higher bit rate bearers are linked to the speech bearer by assigning a larger number of baseband processing resources to those bearers.

DL CE includes functions like: CRC handling, Channel coding, Interleaving, Spreading, Rate matching UL CE includes functions like: Signal demodulation and RAKE receiver, De-spreading, De-interleaving, Decoding, CRC evaluation.

Channel element resources can be pooled over different sectors of the same base station or over different frequency layers of the same base station.

Each service will need different CE in UL and DL and here is some information for Huawei

AMR 12.2 k: Uplink 1 downlink 1

CS / PS 64 K: Uplink 3 downlink 2

PS 128/144k: Uplink 5 downlink 4

PS 384k : Uplink 10 downlink 8

sultan
2011-01-15, 06:31 AM
Hi , How to download this files?

thanks a lot

jukreew
2011-01-16, 03:07 AM
this is Recommendation of CE Expansion

dekili
2011-01-16, 08:15 PM
this is Recommendation of CE Expansion

To what vendor is your file related?

jukreew
2011-01-16, 09:18 PM
To what vendor is your file related?

Dear friend
Huawei vender

altheee14
2011-01-16, 10:19 PM
Do you know the relationship between 1 Channel Element and 1 Erlang......Please if anyone knows about this,please comment....

Kind REgards,
Altheee14.

sultan
2011-01-17, 02:53 AM
Hi There,

Please can anyone upload these files in open Forum in order to help us download them?
or send to email: sultan1sultanov@gmail.com

All the best,

Sultan

jukreew
2011-01-17, 11:48 AM
Hi There,

Please can anyone upload these files in open Forum in order to help us download them?
or send to email: sultan1sultanov@gmail.com

All the best,

Sultan

Huawei doc "Recommendation of CE Expansion" this link for junior

Unlimited free file storage and free file hosting (http://www.MegaShare.com/2924112)

sultan
2011-01-18, 07:29 AM
thanks a lot indeed.
I am junior and so if you have something to share, you are welcome to send me please,
also I can share something if you need.

take care

kotarominami
2011-04-11, 02:24 PM
Huawei doc "Recommendation of CE Expansion" this link for junior

Unlimited free file storage and free file hosting (http://www.MegaShare.com/2924112)

Thanks for link...It's useful for junior member....

raghchau
2011-04-11, 03:21 PM
Here is the explanation and some numbers from me posted here so you don't need to download it. I hope that it will be useful.

Channel element is the basic baseband capacity unit, corresponding to the basic processing requirement for processing one AMR Call/16 Kbps. The CE consumption is calculated separately for UL and DL DCH traffic according to DCH Rate. The capacity requirements for higher bit rate bearers are linked to the speech bearer by assigning a larger number of baseband processing resources to those bearers.

DL CE includes functions like: CRC handling, Channel coding, Interleaving, Spreading, Rate matching UL CE includes functions like: Signal demodulation and RAKE receiver, De-spreading, De-interleaving, Decoding, CRC evaluation.

Channel element resources can be pooled over different sectors of the same base station or over different frequency layers of the same base station.

Each service will need different CE in UL and DL and here is some information for Huawei

AMR 12.2 k: Uplink 1 downlink 1

CS / PS 64 K: Uplink 3 downlink 2

PS 128/144k: Uplink 5 downlink 4

PS 384k : Uplink 10 downlink 8

Useful info..What IS the CE consumtion of HSUPA & HSDPA?

Walid Madih
2011-04-11, 05:06 PM
Useful info..What IS the CE consumtion of HSUPA & HSDPA?

Just one remarks:
- The CE consumption change from vendor to vendor.
- Even inside one vendor it can change from HW to HW

sharyfor2
2011-04-11, 09:03 PM
Huawei BBU 3900 channel Element Capacity:

Max Number Channel Elements supported by site:

Uplink- 1536
Downlink- 1536

-Using WBBP2 card, we have 128 CE and Walsh code 45 , will achieve 128 Mbps HSUPA.

-Using WBBP3 card, we will have 256 CE and with Walsh code 90, we will achieve 256Mbps HSUPA.
:lol

kasisi
2011-05-13, 09:32 PM
Find attached the E/// WCDMA RBS CE Dimensioning_Cosmote

zeezzoo
2011-05-14, 09:49 PM
Do you know the relationship between 1 Channel Element and 1 Erlang......Please if anyone knows about this,please comment....

Kind REgards,
Altheee14.

Dear i think there's no clear relation between Erlang & CEs (especially when using PS) .

for Conversational CS : 1CE ==> 1Erlang (because 1 CE is used for 12.2 Kbps CS Conversational call )

for streaming CS : you need 2CEs for streaming CS 64Kbps video Call ==> 2 Erlang (# of CE needed is defined by the vendor . it even changes between different versions for the same vendor)

that's why in Huawei formula you will find CS Traffic as follows :
VS.AMR.Ctrl.DL12.2 + 2*VS.RB.DLConvCS.64

for PS you have to calculate the equivalent Erlang (depending on 12.2 Kbps CS conversational Call)

1) calculate the total # of bits on DL for one hour as an example (let's call it A) .
2) B = A/(1000*12.2Kbps)
3) PS Equivalent traffic = B/3600

now you can sum CS Traffic & the calculated PS Traffic

hope it will be usefull

phanindragoudm
2011-05-15, 06:13 PM
pls some one give the clear explanation of ce planning and usage..

Thanks in advance

T_ADD
2011-05-17, 12:06 PM
CEs are used per single call/connection. Number of CEs used per service is vendor specific and is not related to the power but to the switching capabilities (traffic). As it was mentioned by agenov, you need 1CE DL/UL for voice call (not leased and completly used by the user who is having that service active). For PS you will also need CEs, and even up to 8 of them for 384/64kbps service (vendor specific).
CEs are usually shared among cells on the site but number of CEs could be added so it is not a major problem. Problem is the fact that you need user statistics so you could evaluate number of supported users per cell. If you have such statistics in wide area, all of your calculations will be based on eqaul user spreading in that area, which might not be true for a single cell. Also, activity of your users will play the most important role.

Just adding on regarding CEs. CEs like said above may be used just 1 for a voice call but for data it will go up depending on the bandwidth you are able to achieve. So therefore it can be seen that the CEs are in pool "free" to be used by MSs hooked to a BS.

If a BS runs out of CEs then your call can be rejected. So CEs also have to do with baseband connectivity of a user. Hope this helps to clarify.

badnose
2011-11-03, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone,

please tell the definition of CE(base basnd processing) in LTE
and what are the specifications of CEs for different bandwidths (3,5,10,15,20 Mhz) for different Qos services.

Thanks and regards

badnose

fon909
2011-11-03, 06:16 PM
Hi,

Hope attached slide showing CE usage for various SF and services helps.

Thanks.

deepak187
2011-11-03, 07:16 PM
Can some one please explain it for the E******* ??

deepak187
2011-11-05, 02:54 AM
pls share other link to dwnld