PDA

View Full Version : Optmization problem

optimus_prime
2010-11-25, 02:58 AM
hi experts,

I am new at optimization. I am facing TCH drop in some cells beacuase of Low SS Uplink (~30%) and Low SS UL/DL (~50%). The sites are in urban and site to site distance is apprx 300m. There is no hardware issue on site. What else I need to do in this case? experts pls help.

thanks in advance
Neo

RF engineer
2010-11-25, 03:15 AM
hi experts,

I am new at optimization. I am facing TCH drop in some cells beacuase of Low SS Uplink (~30%) and Low SS UL/DL (~50%). The sites are in urban and site to site distance is apprx 300m. There is no hardware issue on site. What else I need to do in this case? experts pls help.

thanks in advance
Neo

Check VSWR
br
RF

milenio
2010-11-25, 06:50 AM
Can you check pathbalance- i.e DL reported SS vs. UL one. If you have diference more thah 8-10 dB it could be a typical indoor issue. some building have penetration > 20dB. consider this scenario a subscriber went to the window, where your cell is good enough, but then he moves deep in the building and then OMG -levelsfall rapidly.

optimus_prime
2010-11-25, 08:54 AM
Can you check pathbalance- i.e DL reported SS vs. UL one. If you have diference more thah 8-10 dB it could be a typical indoor issue. some building have penetration > 20dB. consider this scenario a subscriber went to the window, where your cell is good enough, but then he moves deep in the building and then OMG -levelsfall rapidly.

Thanks boss. How can I get this DL reported SS vs. UL?

radiotech
2010-11-25, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I think Mr milenio is right. You can get DL reported SS vs. UL from MRR statistics in the OSS.

milenio
2010-11-26, 03:31 AM
Well,
that is right MRR in e******* is very useful as it presents a huge statistics- all the calls. There are two ways to have the path balance - start a MRR record in OSS - radio network optimisation module - this will contain all the measurements in the cell. Further more you can filter there a particular measurements, right? and something else that worth a try see in the CDRs if there are users who had experienced many drops in that cell- trace them. This is really a bit harder work but I ve used it some time)