PDA

View Full Version : Where is the problem: I cannot hear my friend but he hears me

rimoucha
2010-11-24, 04:13 AM
Hello,

I called my friend he hears me correctly but I cannot hear him where is the problem is it within his operator or mine?

Best regards,

qaqa
2010-11-24, 04:23 AM
was the call on 2G or 3G for both of you?

rimoucha
2010-11-24, 04:27 AM
Thanks for your reply.The call was on 2G.

power2010
2010-11-24, 05:13 AM
Hello,
in my 2 cases:
1) The speaker of your phone does not work.
2) Otherwise there'll have probably reversed the cables at a 2-core mobile level dispatcher.

guruvai
2010-11-24, 06:41 AM
Hello,

I called my friend he hears me correctly but I cannot hear him where is the problem is it within his operator or mine?

Best regards,

It depends on many aspects bro. You cannot say by any thumb rule. You didn't say it happens all the time or only for an instant. If it is for an instant, there is possibility that the interface between your mobile and base station has poor quality. Possibly because of your operator. What if you change your location?

If it happens all the time then you should check hardware issue of your mobile set as mentioned by Power2010.

leelio
2010-11-25, 01:35 PM
we need to distinguish between air interface (ms to BTS) and ater interface problem. doing so, you have to tell what if you change locations,being served by other BTS?
if the problem is not on site level then it could be on core side. Which on most of cases, its your core side problem (cic mismatch/xcdr-to-msc wrong connectivity).

Shakeel_15
2010-11-25, 02:13 PM
Hi,

This problem is called one way muting. this happens on the core side of the
network and it usually happens due to cic mismatches and wrong DIU patching.

BR

Hello,

Best regards,

guess.who
2010-11-25, 10:29 PM
Dear Group Fellow

This could happen to many reason....
one of the reasons could be , as mentioned in earlier , DIU mispatching ...ie cic issue....u can check this by , if the call remains muted for the duration of the call then its most probably does to cic issue....if it gets ok when u hand over to another time slot of a another TRX ..then it means... either the time slot of a particular trx is faulty or a particular TRX is faulty....

Hope it helped..

BR
Guess

adedia
2010-11-26, 07:51 AM
Most likely occurs due to cross-connect in RBS/TRM