PDA

View Full Version : Question Location area update reject

roots
2010-11-19, 07:26 PM
Dears

Some cells in the network are experiencing intensive location update ( those cells are not LAC border)
and the main cause of this reject is due to the following :

1/reject-cause:location-area-not-allowed (12)
2/reject-cause plmn-not-allowed (11)

Can Anybody tell me what parameters could be wrongly set in the Core side ?

BSS part=Huawei
Core part=Huawei

Thx
roots

kaizzer545
2010-11-20, 12:38 AM
I hava been analyzing at the same (Vendor BSS & CORE) instead check location update reject; you should check at fist location update request and try to match events with location update reject. In case of location update equest you can see MNC+IMSI, so if there are so much MNC that are not of your network maybe could be by emergency call or something like that, but anyway these request are consume signaling resources (traffic sources not because these request are reject).

You can check at the same 3GPP to understand some parameters

BR

scorpion
2010-11-20, 01:45 AM
Is there is any analysis about what happens after the LU Reject ?
How the MS behaves based on various LU Reject causes ?

Regards

klystron
2010-11-20, 02:25 AM
This info might be a little bit related. :cool:

I am also investigating this LU rejections. For visiting subscribers, the MS will try to make 4 LU request (all are rejected with NETWORK FAILURE) before making another LU request to another operator. Usually this happens for roaming partners using traffic steering (also called steering of roaming). :)

agenov
2010-11-20, 02:56 AM
Is there is any analysis about what happens after the LU Reject ?
How the MS behaves based on various LU Reject causes ?

Regards

Will search for another PLMN that is not forbidden until perform sucessfull registration.

luganomu
2010-11-20, 04:54 AM

BSS part=Huawei
Core part=Huawei

With regard to above question the parameter are t3212( period of periodic location update) on BSS and implicit detach(MSC check time) on core

leelio
2010-11-20, 01:53 PM
as Luganomu explained earlier, i think you need to check imsi attach and detach timer on switch part and t3212 (periodic update ms) on bss side it seems the switch timer is less than bss

klystron
2010-11-20, 09:23 PM

BSS part=Huawei
Core part=Huawei

With regard to above question the parameter are t3212( period of periodic location update) on BSS and implicit detach(MSC check time) on core

I am not a Huawei core engineer but the principle is that there should be an analysis for the IMSI of the subscriber reach their HLR. The IMSI range/series should be defined in the core side. If this is not defined, PLMN not allowed is sent to the BSS side. Hope this helps :cool:

kaizzer545
2010-11-21, 02:14 AM
Dears: in my case with LU reject, there is visible the IMSI so you can see wich MNC have it and see wich operator does it correspond.

And as I said it before you can check 3GPP to see specific behaivour . I mean in 3GPP at some part it says that if MS don't atach to correct network it have to be storaged in SIM card as NO valid operator .. something like that

-------------------------------

# 11: (PLMN not allowed);
The mobile station shall delete any LAI, TMSI and ciphering key sequence number stored in the SIM/USIM, reset the attempt counter, set the update status to ROAMING NOT ALLOWED (and store it in the SIM/USIM according to subclause 4.1.2.2). The mobile station shall store the PLMN identity in the "forbidden PLMN list".
The MS shall perform a PLMN selection when back to the MM IDLE state according to 3GPP TS 23.122 [14].

telecom.santosh
2010-11-21, 04:25 PM
provide some not if u have..

mojiiiiii
2010-11-21, 05:13 PM
Dears

Some cells in the network are experiencing intensive location update ( those cells are not LAC border)

BSS part=Huawei
Core part=Huawei

Thx
roots

hi,

i think that you are getting LU from the MS coming from a different PLMN than yours (= from your competitors).

you can't set anything in your core network to avoid those MS to try to connect to your network. All MS can try.
To avoid the LU Reject, then you must have a roaming agreement with your competitors.

If it were your own IMSI's that couldn't attach to your network, you would get massive customer complaints.

Regards

zhanglw268
2010-11-21, 07:32 PM
Dears

BSS part=Huawei
Core part=Huawei

Thx
roots
Are these cells covering airport, train station, or an area that the competitor's network coverage is poor?

If this is the case, you can't do anything about it as this is roaming mobiles' normal behaviour when they are at these areas. Also the HLRs for these roaming mobiles are out of your control as they are controlled by competitors or other countries' operators.

If this is not the case, you need to check the IMSI of the rejection to figure out which operator's mobile, whether there is agreement in place for roaming, then work with core MSC/VLR engineers to work with that's operator's HLR engineers to get the problem resolved.

Zhanglw268

roots
2010-11-22, 10:53 PM
Thank you everybody for ur helpful replies
I analysed the IMSI of the rejected LU and I found cases with same MCC NMC, other with same NMC only and finally with different MCC.

I escalated all those cases to Core Network people and I will follow up this issue til the end.