PDA

View Full Version : Should I learn 3G or 2G?

arban
2010-11-16, 05:14 PM
Hello bro,

I am contemplating now whether should I learn 2G or 3G? Is it true that 2G is going to be obselete soon?

I also like to know if I am interested to learn about RF Optimization, where to star first.

I have plenty of materials which I gather from internet but don't know where to start first. Any expert in RF, maybe can share their experience? Thanks..:hug:

Saba7o
2010-11-16, 08:45 PM
You must study 2G first to be able to understand the evolution to 3G and its architecture.

GPRS (and then EDGE) are the basis for the data evolution in 3G.

TEMS
2010-11-16, 11:07 PM
Hello bro,

I am contemplating now whether should I learn 2G or 3G? Is it true that 2G is going to be obselete soon?

I also like to know if I am interested to learn about RF Optimization, where to star first.

I have plenty of materials which I gather from internet but don't know where to start first. Any expert in RF, maybe can share their experience? Thanks..:hug:

hi friend
for this depend on your work if your work is 3G you must study 3G

pravdivi
2010-11-18, 05:01 PM
You must study 2G first to be able to understand the evolution to 3G and its architecture.

GPRS (and then EDGE) are the basis for the data evolution in 3G.

totally agree with you, without knowledge of 2G very hard to understand 3G

miro
2010-11-18, 05:23 PM
hi,

i agree with our friends .... start with 2 g .... wish you good luck

gheeabby
2010-11-18, 08:04 PM
should learn 2G first and its architecture. its very much easier to adjust in learning 3G if you know 2G very well. Also, it depends to the statistics if 2G will be obsolete.

telwind
2010-11-19, 01:03 AM
Hello bro,

should start from 2G, when you get the basic knowledge then could learn easily 3G

for RF Optimization: call processing & layer messaging, KPI, statistics data, field test tools

many books in this forum about this topic.

Cambaling
2010-11-19, 02:43 AM
First Learning 2G,but if you do 3G, so 3G is learning

Good Luck Friend

Cheers
Cambaling

haq_enam
2010-11-19, 03:27 AM
Hello bro,

Why 2G will go for abolish? Still voice traffic is coming from 2G...and it will continue...3G and LTE have improved data speed so much although voice is being included but it is coming slowly....3G is introducing with 2G....so need some idea on 2G...

nomanpatrick
2010-11-19, 01:00 PM
you should start 3g.

Yenthanh
2010-11-19, 01:09 PM
Start your basic in 2G, atleast you'll know how the technology has evolved.
You can start understanding the statistics counters and KPIs.
After that, it won't be difficult for you to switch to 3G.