PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Scrambling code and Channelization code

arban
2010-11-16, 05:02 PM
Dear Everybody,

Could someone explain in layman term what is the difference between Scrambing code and Chanelization code in UMTS? I am confused after reading from the internet.

Thanks.:eek:

RF engineer
2010-11-16, 05:07 PM
Dear Everybody,

Could someone explain in layman term what is the difference between Scrambing code and Chanelization code in UMTS? I am confused after reading from the internet.

Thanks.:eek:

Scrambling code is used to make differntiation for cells and Channalization code is used to make differentiation of service between MS in the same physical channel.
BR
RF

arban
2010-11-16, 05:20 PM
Scrambling code is used to make differntiation for cells and Channalization code is used to make differentiation of service between MS in the same physical channel.
BR
RF

Thanks bro for the prompt reply. can a user have more than one chanellization code in softer handover? thanks.

RF engineer
2010-11-17, 12:10 AM
Thanks bro for the prompt reply. can a user have more than one chanellization code in softer handover? thanks.

normally multiple scrambing code give more channelization code per sector.

heidy12
2011-01-27, 08:01 PM
hi,....
you are doing good.
keep it up and thanks for sharing:)

blind shadow
2011-01-27, 09:45 PM
ammmmm.... channelization codes are parameters that can be adjusted if you want to increase the throughput in HSDPA or 3G

hari_2208
2011-01-27, 09:56 PM
Hope below helps!!!

same in breif...

both (different types) scambling code & ovsf codes are used in DL & UL.

scambling codes:

+ In Downlink

They are used to identify node-b sectors/antenna in DL.There are two type of scambling codes in DL PSC & SSC.

Primary scarmbling code (PSC) - a sector is identifed by the same.

There are total 512 primary scarmbling codes only one PSC/sector.these 512 codes are divided in a group of 64 ,each containing 8 PSC.MS looks for the CPICH channel which carries PSC for that specicfc cell to identify that sector.

Secondary scarmbling code - there can be many ,normally used in beamforming cases.

+ In Uplink

in uplink the each MS is uniquly idenified by the long scambling code,which it gets during RRC_con_setup.

OVSF CODES:

+ In Downlink

They are used to channalize the subscribe in Downlink ,also the Spreading facor or the length of the code also decide the speed of teh channel.smaller the length higher data can be transmitted & vice-versa.

+ In Uplink

different ovsf code length on control & data channel.

Sharon
2011-02-03, 08:29 PM
Channelization Codes:
UL :to Separate Physical n control data from same terminal
DL:To separate connection to diff terminals in same cell

Scrambling Codes:
UL: Separate diff users
DL: Separate Diff Node Bs.

anand83kumar
2011-02-07, 06:00 PM
can any one support me to provide the 3G basic docs, How the technology works & what thing affect the output with terms details.

Thanks in advance. Kindly support.

patek1968
2011-02-07, 06:36 PM
SC=for NodeB to separate the cells
I believe the channelization you are saying was the UARFCN..its the channel for UL and DL

maxim1
2011-02-09, 06:58 AM
Look in my posts, you will find a nice 3g doc from mprical training explaining the basics for 3g engineering

Andryawan
2011-02-10, 02:14 PM
Look in my posts, you will find a nice 3g doc from mprical training explaining the basics for 3g engineering

What is your post subject ?
I can't find the post which you mean.

Thanks

Andryawan
2011-02-11, 06:46 PM
Hope this list below help you

1. Usage
Channelization
Uplink: Separation of physical data & control channels from same terminal
Downlink: Separation of downlink

Scrambling
Uplink: Separation of terminal
Downlink: Separation of sectors (Cells)

2. Number of codes
Channelization
number of codes under one scrambling code = Spreading factor

Scrambling
UL: Several Million
DL: 512

3. Spreading
Channelization
Yes, increases transmission bandwidth

Scrambling
No, does not affect transmission bandwidth

vaibhav.singh
2011-02-11, 07:21 PM
i need 3g drive test Parameters.

Andryawan
2011-02-12, 03:22 AM
i need 3g drive test Parameters.
Dear
The drive test was performed in 5 modes:
1. Idle mode (non call) to define the coverage area for the indoor network.
2. Dedicated mode, Voice long call.
3. Call Sequences mode, Voice short call with duration 90s and non call (idle mode) with duration 10s.
5. Stationary data throughput test.
6. Moving data throughput test

And here are the KPI which should meet the requirement :
1. RSCP (>=-90 dBm)
2. Ec/No
3. Handover Success Rate
4. Access Failure Rate Voice
5. Access Failure Rate Video
6. Drop Call Rate Voice
7. Drop Call Rate Video
8. Moving MS FTP download 3MB file
9. Moving MS FTP upload 1MB file
10. Stationary MS near ant, FTP Download 3MB file
11. Stationary MS near ant, FTP Upload 1MB file

damobun
2011-02-18, 09:13 AM
Channelisation Codes separate data before scrambling eg Control Channels etc. After channelisation, the data is scrambled according to the Primary Scrambling Code of the cell and then transmitted. The mobile uses the scrambling code to identify the cell that is transmitting the data. It can then recover the channelisation codes and decode the data. Hope this helps.

randd1979
2011-02-18, 09:20 AM
interesting answers
regards...

danielivanov
2011-02-18, 07:05 PM
SC=for NodeB to separate the cells
I believe the channelization you are saying was the UARFCN..its the channel for UL and DL

I agree that SC is used for different NodeB's sectors but I think that UARFCN is not channelization code, and I'm not sure but channelization codes are used to separate the information for different UEs.

blind shadow
2011-04-30, 10:53 PM
here's the layman's term definition of channelization and scrambling codes. Scrambling codes identify ue in the uplink, using gold sequences, identify sectors in node-B and channelization codes identify ue in the downlink, identify node-B, uses ovsf orthogonal codes. please add reputation thanks.. ehhehehe

josogun2
2011-05-02, 01:45 PM
Good answer by members to the Question, Any layman now know the diff now.

melkaiy
2011-05-05, 03:30 PM
hey bro here is the difference of scrambling code and channelization codes.. in layman's term: (PLEASE ADD REPUTATION thank u)

channelization codes depends on SF (spreading factor) and it distinguishes ue in the downlink. And as we all know,the "bits of data" (when converted during spreading will become chips) can be adjusted to increase the throughput.

scrambling code however depends on gold sequences and it distinguishes ue in the uplink.