PDA

View Full Version : Calculation of the coverage area of mobile broadband communications.

zeuscane
2010-11-10, 05:57 PM
This thesis aims to provide information about what different propagation prediction models must be the adequate ones for the radio planning of an LTE network.
In the initial phase, a study of different propagation models was done mainly over COST231 and ITU-R P. Recommendations, emphasizing over the ones for diffraction over rounded obstacles and paths over sea as a recommendation from Teleplan AS. Matlab code is also presented since it was tried to test the convenience of the use of ITU-R P.1546 over sea
paths and to compare Lee Model with ITU-R P.526 for rounded obstacles.
This thesis will hopefully serve as a guide for future radio planners, where an example of an Astrix user case of coverage prediction and a comparison with live measurements are presented. The task has been performed on the initiative of LTE Networking Oslo using Astrix
5.2, the radio planning tool of Teleplan AS.

B.Rs.
zeuscane

radio_network
2011-06-25, 08:32 PM
@Zeuscan
Does Astrix tool works on Linux. Are u having any stuff related Astrix pl share.

optimization
2011-09-13, 05:25 PM
Thank you and appreciate.

kwerrtty
2011-12-12, 09:24 AM
@Zeuscane: how does the software you used stand against mentum planet? I have some simulations that I need to run and would like to know about other options beside mentum planet that are equally as good. Thanks in advance.

zeuscane
2011-12-12, 04:51 PM
Sorry I don't have Astrix software.

zeuscane