PDA

View Full Version : Asset Enterprise on Windows 7.

tekumuman
2010-10-29, 07:55 AM
Hello all,

Just wonder if somebody else has been able to run Asset 3G on Windows 7?

I got it running but it seems I can't check out license anymore, but perhaps because I had an issue with the clocks in my machine, running Mac OSX and Windows over Bootcamp.

If any body knows hows to fix this or have any questions of how to get Aircom Software on Windows 7 just let me know.

Cheers,

-Tekumuman

developingrhythm
2011-01-22, 03:22 AM
I got a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6.5 on one partition. On the Bootcamp partition I have Windows 7 with ASSET 6.2 working without and licence problem. The clock changes but I use time.windows.com automatic synchronisation when I am connected to the internet.

No probs for me

:)

developingrhythm
2011-01-22, 03:35 AM
I haven't got in working in win 7 64 bit yet...

but in win 7 32bit it works fine.

1. Just when you install and run right click on the install icon and click on the compatibility tab.
2. Click on change settings for all users
3. Select Windows XP service pack 2
4. Select Run as Administrator

Then it should install with no problem. Then make sure your using Oracle 10.2 release 2 with the ODBC fix.

DR

Inception
2011-02-20, 08:30 PM
HOW ABOUT THE ORACLE ?
Which version i need to install on WIN 7 PLZ ?

I haven't got in working in win 7 64 bit yet...

but in win 7 32bit it works fine.

1. Just when you install and run right click on the install icon and click on the compatibility tab.
2. Click on change settings for all users
3. Select Windows XP service pack 2
4. Select Run as Administrator

Then it should install with no problem. Then make sure your using Oracle 10.2 release 2 with the ODBC fix.

DR

hoangtuna
2011-07-04, 04:20 PM
HOW ABOUT THE ORACLE ?
Which version i need to install on WIN 7 PLZ ?

I've tried with Oracle 10.2.0.3 but failed. I have to install Win XP to get successfull result.
May be Oracle 11 will be better.

venom
2011-07-04, 05:07 PM
I've tried with Oracle 10.2.0.3 but failed. I have to install Win XP to get successfull result.
May be Oracle 11 will be better.

Best way to run ASSET on windows 7 is to create a virtual machine and then install xp on it. That is how i use my telecom tools that are tested on Windows xp.

Please note that most of the telecom companies / vendors have Windows xp installed on their system. I have never seen anyone with Windows 7 so i advise to create virtual machine (use VMware Player).