PDA

View Full Version : Question how to increase a HSDPA network capacity in Atoll/U-net

saridin
2010-10-16, 01:08 PM
Dear, friends..
As we knew that Atoll is a good tool for planning network, I have tried it too now, planning a network of WCDMA+HSDPA, in an urban area with high density of user about 6000/km^2, and number of NodeB is just 14 (based on link budget& radius cell), but the problem is when I try to make a simulation, and resulting report so many rejected user in those network, for instance from 5000 of user try to connect, there's 3000 user is rejected (note : Admission rejected). I do just use one carrier. Is there any solution except add number of node B?, how many does number of HSDPA user can be handled by cell in practice?.
Please help me, give me your advice, to solve this problem, in this I want to prioritize in HSDPA usage.

Thanks B4, :-)

Femto_Engineer
2010-10-16, 07:20 PM
Did you only consider the link budget to calculate the total no. of sites or used some load equations to dimension your network to handle 6000 users?

saridin
2010-10-18, 09:16 AM
Did you only consider the link budget to calculate the total no. of sites or used some load equations to dimension your network to handle 6000 users?

yes, I have evaluated this link budget based on, RND. am I did wrong, by just considered the link budget?. I think when we calculate a link budget, there's an input parameter named required Eb/N0, and interference margin, and it's value is based on load too, that will influence the link budget. What should I do?.