PDA

View Full Version : GPSMAP 76CSx

freakturd06
2010-10-14, 10:35 AM
Hi

Can I used this GPS fro TEMS Investigation? If yes how can i enable it.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

tuyul
2010-10-14, 11:12 AM
i thing it can..usualy auto detec fo chipset garmin in tems investigation..if canot
u can add equipment n choice device NMEA...good luck

best regard

intros
2010-10-14, 06:14 PM
I currently use this GPS with TI9. you need this connector
Garmin compatible USB to Serial DB9 Adapter from http://www.gilsson.com/garmin_gps/cables/usb.htm (if you don't have COM1 installed on your laptop) AND this connector: PC Interface Data Cable
for Garmin StreetPilot III, GPSMap 60CS, 76 series, V GPS from PC interface cable for Garmin StreetPilot III, GPSMap 60CS, 76, V (Comparable to Garmin #010-10141-00) (http://www.gilsson.com/garmin_gps/cables/rpc.htm)
It's necessary that TI9 see your GPS as a serial device. But for TI10 and up you don't need a usb to serial adapter becouse TI 10 know garmin usb!
You can buy from different vendor but these are the guidelines...

tremalnike
2010-10-14, 07:27 PM
Try GPSGATE (search forums for links) . I think that's fastest and easiest solution for your case. BR

RNONards
2010-10-15, 12:13 AM
There is a mini-usb port for this model. You can used it and install spanner to find it if it can't be detected by your PC.
How about if I have GARMIN Mobile XT in my phone, can i used it as a GPS for TEMS 8.

intros
2010-10-15, 03:43 PM
The mini usb port for this model cannot be seen in TemsInv 9(posible 8 too but not sure). Starting with Tems 10 and up you can use it. Spanner doesn't help too much becouse it was designed for garmin 10/18 models. Using virtual com from gpsgate doesn't work with my Tems9. but you may be luckyer...

freakturd06
2010-12-02, 11:13 PM
The mini usb port for this model cannot be seen in TemsInv 9(posible 8 too but not sure). Starting with Tems 10 and up you can use it. Spanner doesn't help too much becouse it was designed for garmin 10/18 models. Using virtual com from gpsgate doesn't work with my Tems9. but you may be luckyer...

I've tried to used this GPS in TI 8.0.3 and TI 8.1. The tool detected the GPS, connected but disconnected immediately.And never connects until restarting the tool. But when tried to connnect, the scenerio repeats always, connects but disconnects immediately.