PDA

View Full Version : Webinar The Plain Truth About WiMAX and LTE

zeuscane
2010-10-01, 04:03 PM
4G Demystified: The Plain Truth About WiMAX and LTE

Talk of 4G and how it will change the average consumer's life abound. However for the typical operator, 4G is not so much a promise today as it is a vast unknown and little understood concept, a concept that operators around the world are grappling with as they are asked to make choices that will have far reaching impact on their business now and in the future. In addition, there has been a much hyperbole about both WiMAX and LTE. While there have been many debates with how the technologies compare, there has been little pragmatic discussion about the real issues operators should be most concerned about.

This webinar will address both the business and technical decisions that operators must consider to make a well informed decision on their technology strategy for 4G. We will present the key factors which will enable operators to make marketing and business decisions with huge financial impact based on a myriad of possible go to market strategies.

Part I will cover the core decision process an operator needs to consider up front. What is the estimated cost to deploy a WiMAX network? An LTE network? How will different frequency bands change this cost? What services can I deploy? What is my Return on Investment?

Part II will address the topics related to the engineering of a 4G network. 4G networks require an extensive multi-faceted experience in many areas and require much more detailed market, RF environment and equipment modeling. The 4G technologies are much more sophisticated then 3G ones and require an in-depth understanding. Finally the network design process has to be revisited to get the desired results.

Agenda:

Carl Townsend, WiMax.com Editor & President, will provide overview & facilitate Q&A

Randall Schawrtz , Wireless 2020, will take participants through a process that has been used by over 50 operators around the world in helping them run business models and ROI calculations to help with their 4G strategic decisions.

Leonhard Korowajczuk , CelPlan, will address the technical considerations for successfully designing and deploying a 4G network.

Date: Thursday,October 7th 2010

Time: 9:00 AM EDT, 3:00PM CET
Join Wireless 2020 and CelPlan for a 90 minute webinar where we will Demystify 4G, exploring both the decision process as to what, when, where and who to deploy to as well as the detailed engineering design, planning and optimization needed for a successful network.
Click Here to Register (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/157153650)

Regards
zeuscane

xcatas
2010-10-07, 03:15 PM
I've got this invitation too (from wimaxforum). But I can't attend.

So if later someone have the recorded webinar, please upload and post here. :)

thanks.

onesim2010
2010-10-07, 04:30 PM
Still wait sombody to help,thanks.

coursekec
2010-10-09, 12:39 PM
Can anyone please upload the recorded webinar....?

PMer
2011-04-28, 03:11 PM
I should have known this seminar earlier :(